cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5 again

Grammy25
2 18 60

I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday because I stayed as busy as possible with the cravings being bad in the morning. I really feel that the mornings and evening are the worst times for me! I spent some of fhe day with my non-smoking friend (which helps me not think about smoking), I did some house cleaning, played games on my phone (especially Bing Blitz), took a two hour nap, and relaxed watching tv with my cat!

The heat and humidity has finally ended so that is helping with my breathing and sleeping!

I hope that everyone has a great day!!

18 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Maybe get outside and take a walk today?  Good for you; good for your quit!

Congrats on getting to Day Five!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Barbara145

I think you are doing a beautiful job.  Enjoy this cooler day.

Mandolinrain

Many Congrats on 5 beautiful smoke free days

Grammy25

Thank you!

Maybe if it stops raining I’ll go for a walk!

Grammy25

Thank you!

Grammy25

Thank you!

Grammy25

Thank you!

mikerone

Good Job.  I'm on day 70 and you can do this. Sleeping helped me a lot the first week. I just shut out the world and slept. It might help you too. It's about getting days under your belt and one day at a time is all it takes  You are on your way.

Daniela2016

Congrats on day 5 Grammy25‌! I was away for a little while, but I am glad to see you here.  Every effort we put into quitting teaches us more and more lessons, even if not all attempts are successful.  What I have learned in my own journey, was that when I let go of it (detached myself from smoking when I knew I will make this my last quit), everything became easier: the cravings were not so intense anymore, I did not need to "fight" them, it was enough to walk away from the place they arise, and to deep breathe through them.  It is a mind game, when you find the switch and turn off the "need to smoke" everything else falls into place.

Here is something which might help you, I hope: 

https://www.verywellmind.com/mind-games-go-both-ways-when-you-quit-smoking-2824894

sweetplt

Good Job...Grammy25  ~ Colleen 232 DOF 

maryfreecig

Easy does it. Congratulations on 5--sorry the mornings are difficult. Those dang cigarettes loaded with nicotine, how they take us for a crazy ride. A thing should not be hard to leave, but it's more than a thing, it's an addiction. Keep working your quit no matter what.

jonimarie

Yes mornings were the toughest for me. Sometimes still hits me in the morning

But each day gets better and better

Hurray for Day 5

Grammy25

Thank you!

Congratulations on day 70!!

Grammy25

Thank you for sharing!!

Grammy25

Thank you!

Grammy25