cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5. Cravings, Urges, Depression

miapaigem
1 7 176

I’m on day 5 since I’ve quit vaping. I had been vaping for SIX years. 
A back story of why I’m quitting: I am getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few days. I took this as an opportunity to finally quit vaping for good. (I’m terrified of getting dry sockets). I originally was going to quit the day before my surgery but decided to quit a week in advance so I won’t be in pain AND dealing with how fresh quitting is.

Don’t get me wrong, I like that quitting will be good for my health and wallet. But the biggest reason for quitting was my upcoming surgery. Which honestly makes me feel like a fraud. I’m not quitting for ME. I feel like if I’m not quitting for me, then it’s not valid, it’s not real. 
I’m scared once my mouth is healed I’ll go back to vaping. 
I’m hanging on to the hope that I will feel the benefits of quitting by the time I’m healed so I won’t want to relapse. 

I’m using Nicotine patches, as quitting cold turkey in the past never worked for me. I could never make it past day 2 cold turkey. I think the patches are helping. 

Yesterday (day 4) was tough with cravings, but I made it through. Today is even worse. I miss the feeling of pulling the smoke in my mouth, getting a nicotine buzz, my heart racing. I even miss just HOLDING the vape, or searching for it every time it got lost in my couch or bedding. It’s pathetic. I’m feeling depressed and empty today.

I NEED some sort of distraction, but I feel immobilized by my depression. I have zero energy. I can’t get myself off the couch. 
Please, any advice, suggestions, encouragement, sharing your journey, would be greatly appreciated. 

7 Comments