cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 444

djmurray
3 13 1

Wow -- there was a time I thought I couldn't go 4 days without smoking, let alone 444.  And I just realized that my last big crave was on Day 44, which means I made it through and have stacked up 400 days to boot!  Okay, I know I'm bragging, but I remain the happiest quitter ever.  To those who are new to their quits I know you can do this.  The nasty discomfort you're feeling WILL pass.  The effort I suggest you make now is to work on your attitude.  I found the Allen Carr book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" made a huge difference in the attitude I brought to quitting. If that doesn't work, maybe something else will, but so much of this experience is about attitude.  Sometimes I think I sound like a broken record, but if you are feeling deprived, you're much more likely to decide it's not worth quitting.  If your attitude is good you'll get through the very present and disturbing early effects of quitting much more easily.  It's a lot like learning to ride a bike.  You are going to fall in the beginning.  Nobody (or very few people) start out riding comfortably.  You'll skin your knees or bang up your elbows, but if you stop at the skinned knees and banged up elbows saying this is too hard, I will never be able to do this, you will never know the joy of soaring down a hill on that bike with the wind in your hair.  (Okay, that's a little corny).  But the point is  you go through the bad while you learn the good.  And the good is so worth it.

13 Comments