cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 43

goplayoutside
2 11 44

This is getting easier; however, Saturdays are still tough.  The "just one" demon likes to wake up on Saturday, so since this has become a pattern, I think it is situational.  As long as I don't give in to him, I'm fine.  I usually let the urge pass.  I have to relearn my Saturday behavior and remember why I quit.  I also fix a pot of tea (iced tea last Saturday) and sip it all day.  It makes me feel like I am doing something.

The week days are much easier.  I spent some time reflecting last weekend.  I used to wake up between 12 and 2 am.  I couldn't go back to sleep unless I went outside to smoke.  Sometimes, I would wake up 3 times a night to smoke.  First thing in the morning, I would be outside smoking again.  I am so happy to not have that monkey on my back.

My "Smoke Free" app says that I've save $175.  $175!!!!!  That's like getting a raise.  The amount of money I spent on smoking continues to shock me.

I think I've saved more than $175 because I rarely just bought a pack.  I'd get a drink or a snack or coffee and a pack.  I went into my local 7-11 yesterday and the clerk asked, "Where you been?"

This is usually when I mess up and give into the demon.  I'm confident about not smoking and convinced myself that I could handle "just one."  The truth is, "I am one cigarette away from being a smoker again."  That is the truth!

11 Comments
YoungAtHeart

The truth is, "I am one cigarette away from being a smoker again."

You GOT it!

🙂

KMC56

Love it...I will keep that to strengthen my rational side of brain function!   It is so very true!  

Giulia

Bingo.  And the Truth shall set you free!

And what did you say to the clerk at the 7-11 yesterday in response?  "I'm trying to quit smoking."  Or did you say I"ve quit smoking?" 

elvan

Giulia has a good question there.  The truth is that we are ALL one cigarette or one PUFF away from being smokers again, no matter how much time we have in.  Hang in there, your Saturdays will become a new routine and you will realize that not only do you not NEED to smoke, you can take that money you are saving and do something wonderful for yourself!

goplayoutside

I told the clerk, "I'm not smoking anymore."

TerrieQuit

Good for you! It seems like you have it figured out! You will be in NML for awhile yet, so be careful! You can do it! Telling the clerk that you aren't smoking anymore was a big step! Congratulations on 43 days!  Headed right for 50! Keep moving forward!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

crazymama_Lori

you sound wonderful and are entering the happy place.  Congrats on the 43 days!!!!

Strudel

You are so right about that one cigarette - so NO OPTIONS - no smoking! Congrats to you! 

Luvbug4

Great job, no need to turn back...keep it up!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Woohoo WTG
Giulia

Glad to hear that strong affirmation of your decision!   That "trying" or "doing" is the psycholotgical difference between leaving the option-to-smoke door open and shutting it firmly.  Good!