cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 43 -- Migraine is finally gone

djmurray
0 6 33

Wow, I dealt with that migraine for almost three days.  Now it's gone and I'm exhausted.  Had some nasty craves over the past couple of days, but I don't do that anymore, so they came and went.  I tried to go to work today but left after half an hour because the lights were killing me and the sound was driving me crazy.  I'm totally light/sound sensitive when I have migraines.

So, enough about the stupid headache.  Interesting that the whole vaping thing has been talked about today.  I found a new e-cig in a drawer and looked at it for a couple of minutes thinking -- "is it cheating"  "would I lose my quit" if I tried it.  And my answer was "yes, it's cheating,"  "yes, you would lose your quit because your quit is not one puff ever, and that includes puffing on an e-cig.  So out with the e-cig.

I personally found the "professor" coming here like a great big authority to be quite annoying.  This is a site for people who are quitting, who don't have an outside agenda, and who are real.  This is not a marketplace, or a commercial exchange.  The beauty of this site is that we are all real and we are real with each other.  So while it's an open site for everyone, I was sorry to see that the "professor" got so much attention.

To all the new folks on this site -- you really can do this.  I smoked for more than half a century and failed at quitting too many times to count.  But with the education I've gotten about this addiction and the support I have received from this site, I am at 43 days and on my way to forever.  You can do this, too!

6 Comments
bonnie-12-28-14

Your the Best!!!

Stay Strong.  

Cindy210

awesome testimonial! rock on!

jdrabbit01

So happy your migraine is finally gone.  Congrats on 43 days! 

You rock!!

JonesCarpeDiem

i'm glad your headache is gone

linda258

My daughter has those really bad migraines...I understand. 

elvan

I sure hope that the stupid headache is gone forever now...used to just hate them.   Not sure I know who the "professor" is,  I must have missed that one.

Congratulations on 43 days, you are such a gift to all of us!