cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

~~Day #41 :~(

tambolina
0 14 84

I am having a very hard time the last 5 days or so. If you have prayers or tips send them my way. It is like water dripping on stone just wearing me down. Very frustrating because nothing in my life has changed. 

Tammy- HELP

14 Comments
moody_9-18-13

Tammy, stop thinking about smoking, stop thinking about quitting, stop thinking and start finding things that will increase dopamine, like listening to some great music, walking paying close attention to birds, flowers, plants and trees. Go to Youtube and watch some funny clips from some of the great tv comedies of days gone by. 

Like this one.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlWBhohDp4

Magstoyou

Tammy, like Moody said think of what else you can do instead of smoking!!!

I not for sure of what State you live in, I live in California and it is still light here. Take a nice bath and light some candles and relax with some soothing music or meditation tapes!!! Go to bed early tonight.

41 days, you are in NML-use your quit kit.  Halt-Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired!!

Keep reminding yourself you don't want to do day one over!!

Mag285d

Magstoyou

Prayers coming your way!!!

(((((((((((Huggs)))))))))))

Mag

tambolina

Thank you Moody it seems to take me over really fast "out of nowhere" the last couple of days. I need to think of somthing I can whip up or out at a moments notice.

tambolina

Mag,  I am in the Tuscaloosa-Birmingham area of Alabama. I do believe the bath is going to win.★

moody_9-18-13

Once you get that bath, I would love for you to read the one month blog of Strudel, who will celebrate 4 years in June. She was the first person to reach out to me when I came to EX, so I naturally wanted to know more about her. She is a fixture here and her blog from July 2010 is one that I read when I was at about 40 days and feeling the same way you are feeling these past few days. I, like you felt a little like, why am I doing this? What has changed other than I was not feeding the addiction, other than I was not spending money on smoking, other than I was no longer pouring poisonous gasses into my lungs....hum...everything changed the day I quit smoking. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Strudel-blog/2010/07/12/one-month

GreenThumb3

It's up and down for a while it gets way better with time hang in there it's so worth it

Polynha

Keep busy, distract yourself, do things you like to do and take your mind away from cigarrets. Remember that smoking will not make anything better. Watch comedy is a great way to distract. You can do it! 

tambolina

Moody that was the single most powerful thing I have read. It hit the nail right on the head. Boom!! 

Thank you

JonesCarpeDiem

The first 130 days are the tough time. It's not unusual to have a number of bad days in a row. That's why many give in. You can't dwell on smoking or you give it power in your mind. The only way out is through. Say, "I don't do that anymore". Laugh out loud.

pir8fan

So often in life we are our own worst enemy! To stifile the internal demon who knows best how to tempt us is the very definition of Freedom! If you can win the battle with yourself, then all your other battles are trivial!

Good job reaching out for help! We are here for you! And you are worth the effort! Your effort, and ours!!

moody_9-18-13

Tammy, Always know there are people who have gone before you and we are here for you the same way Strudel was there for me. That is the power of this place. 🙂 

annb
Hey Tammy girl! I'm thinking of you! Went to Cornbread festival yesterday. It was great. Gotta get back on the road tomorrow -boo -a day early to try and outrun the bad weather coming! Hearing about that gave me major craves this afternoon! :-(. But I know smoking won't help a thing. Keep hanging in there with me! Pleeeeze!!! You are doing fine. Just keep going one step at a time. Sending a Hug from "Hollywood" Alabama!!!! 🙂
Mrs.Rum

Get up and do something else!  Anything else!   Clean some baseboards, rearrange the silverware drawer!  Don't sit there and brood!