cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 40!

Bubbles318
6 8 174

I’m kind of super impressed with myself. There have been a few moments where I know that if anyone offered me a cigarette I wouldn’t have said no, or if I had found a lost one floating around in a cupboard somewhere I would have lit it up. I’ve had only one dream so far where I broke down and smoked. Smoking in dreams doesn’t count though. I also decided that when I turn 80 I’m picking it up again. For some reason it made me feel better thinking about this whole not smoking thing as temporary: “If I don’t smoke for 30 years, I can start again”. Seemed reasonable when I told myself that. 
I like how some calculate the amount of cigarettes you didn’t smoke. I think I can safely say there are at least 700 cigarettes I didn’t smoke. How incredibly scary! That’s a lot of smoking in a relatively short amount of time.

Pretty great to be here! I can’t really express how much everyone here and your support means. Fortunately I think most of you know exactly what I mean 😊

8 Comments
JuJuCFruit

Congrats!  That is great!

And think about the money you have saved by not killing yourself!  It adds up very quickly!

Ex_Nancy

That's the way it is when we first quit. We have the two voices in our head arguing - the screaming 2 year old saying to "smoke, smoke smoke" and the adult in us telling us to forget the thought. Yes, time is the cure and yes, quitting smoking is a process and not an event so learn to expect those voices. When you accept those thoughts, embrace them and MOVE ON by saying "I don't DO that anymore" it gets easier. And yes 7OO not smoked is a beautiful thing. Congrats at Day 4O smoke FREE!  🙂  The difference between an adventure and an ordeal..jpg

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 40 days @Bubbles318  You should be proud of yourself.  This takes work and commitment and you're doing it

Barb

Bubbles318

Thank you @JuJuCFruit  @Ex_Nancy  @Barbscloud  for your encouragement and celebrating with me 

maryfreecig

Happy 40!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Makes total sense to say I'll smoke when I'm 80, but not now. Great job each day, Bubbles318!

Strudel

Way to go on your quit! You are right to be super impressed!! 
At the beginning of my quit, I played the game of “what would I do if I was facing a firing squad and I was offered the “last cigarette”.....at first it was really hard to imagine turning it down. The true victory for me was when I finally realized that I would indeed turn it down! It took a while for me to reach that point - but it sure felt good when I did! So, your brain game of picking it back up at 80 is similar.....I hope that you also come to the realization someday that you won’t want to do that!
CONGRATS again! 

KMC56

My sister in law and I have also made a pack to smoke a cigarette at 80...who knows..they may not even exist by then.  I hear the logic..lol.

Congrats on the strength and of power to be confident to say NO!!

Kathy 

Bubbles318

@KMC56 @Strudel @maryfreecig  Thanks for your support. Funny how we make these pacts with ourselves. I find my ability to bargain with myself pretty interesting at times. Whatever we need to tell ourselves to get there! In this case any way 😄

About the Author
I’m a single mom of 2 daughters in Manhattan. Want to quit AGAIN