cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 4

Renee2022S2011
7 8 286

I know this is supposed to be hell week, but when I think about how it used to be, this isn’t so bad. Hell is waking up coughing so bad you have to sit down before you pass out. Hell is smoking that first cigarette of the day and your chest hurts so bad you think your heart is trying to come out of your chest. Or that it might explode. Hell is struggling to breathe, forcing your lungs to both inhale and exhale. Being afraid that if you don’t, they will stop altogether. Hell is having to take a break after taking your trash out because your heart is racing and you’re out of breath. Hell is wondering which will happen first; lungs collapse, heart stops beating, or brain short-wires. I was to the point that all three became a strong possibility. I will gladly take this temporary discomfort over the hell smoking was putting me through. 

8 Comments
JustinHoot99

Congrats on Day 4.  Good attitude.

Kimshine

Keep it up and congratulations on day 4. 

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_0-1645124353118.jpeg

MarilynH

A super CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for each 4 splendiferous Smokefree days and counting WTG YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come, hang onto your positive attitude because it'll get through any rough patches that you may come upon. 👍

Barbscloud

@Renee2022S2011 Good positive vibes.  Big congrats.   You're off to a great start with 4 days of success.

Barbscloud_0-1622727547203.jpeg

Barb

sweetplt

@Renee2022S2011 I hope all newbies read this post…what you explained is and sounds like hell…

Congratulations on Day 4 of your Freedom…keep it going and keep close to the support site…~ Colleen 1199 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Sounds like smoking has really taken its toll on you.  I am SO glad you are quitting!

Stay close, blog as early and often as it helps!  We are here for you.

Congrats on FOUR days!  Keep going1

Nancy

CathyC1332

Great job👍 I so identify with the not being able to breathe.  So I'm quitting and know I'll be able to breathe and move about and have more energy.  Thank you for sharing hell with me.  Stay quit. Stay strong and Stay safe.  Congratulations on Day 4.  Newbie Cathy.