cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 4 much better!!!!

JW1962
1 5 211

Today is day 4 and I have not used the 2mg gum or vaped since I started.  I followed the advice by those who walked before me and got all the vaping "stuff" out of my house, chewed gum, ate candy, went for walks, called people when I'm feeling really crazy and prayed!!!!    I've had nicotine in my body for the past 40 years and it's time to evict it!!!!!  Day 3 seemed to be the peak of my cravings.  Today is much better and I hope each day gets easier and easier.  Seeing I only vaped 3mg per week, I don't see the point in chewing 2mg gum unless, I want my addiction and subsequent cravings to increase as well.  

5 Comments
Kimshine

@JW1962  So now presumably the drug nicotine is out if your body. Chewing nicotine gum would definitely be reintroducing nicotine to those receptors in your brain. However, I suppose I would rather see you use the gum if you feel desperate but remember the nicotine has left your body.

For me, the difficulty was and is the psychological part of the addiction. Cravings for the drug didn't affect me as much as craving the the psychological part of smoking  like when I'm bored, happy, sad, angry , in my car, after a meal and rewarding myself with a cigarette for everything I ever did...you know all the reasons we smoke or vape. 

Make a plan, If you haven't, of how you are going to deal with these memories, that will arise. They will likely come and you need to be prepared for how you're going to kick them.

Congratulations on your 4 days!

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif

YoungAtHeart

You are still early in your journey, but you should be VERY proud of what you have accomplished!  Glad you took our advice - lots of us have been quit  a long time, have been here and learning a long time, too!

Remember that half or a quarter of a piece of gum for a short time is better than vaping if it gets down to a choice between the two.  You can always blog "HELP" here, too, and wait for us to talk you down off the ledge.

Keep at it!

Snowdoggie
  • @JW1962 congratulations on your day 4!!!😃❤️🐕🌋🌋
AnnetteMM

Proud of you! Keep that nicotine away from your body,  NO MATTER WHAT.