cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 38... In No Man's Land...

hotmomma0210
0 8 14

Well, it's day 38 and I still haven't stepped down to step 2 of the patches, mainly because of monetary issues and that step 2 package was $10 more than what I had to spend.  So... heard that I'm supposed to be getting some funds in from my ex husband's income tax, so I'll do it when the cash flow is better.  

Memorial Day weekend was great!  Hung out with the boyfriend and friends, ate some yummy brisket and watched the kiddos swim in what we like to call "The Babysitter" (aka 26' oval swimming pool).  Got a little bit of smoke inhalation from the campfire, and still hacking up the flegm.  Yuck!  

I have been craving alot.  Trying my best to curb the cravings.  Found myself turning up the radio in my car this morning to jam out rather than wanting to light up.  It helped!  

I have noticed something that I was afraid of, I'm gaining a little bit of weight.  I guess my attempt to curb my cravings has been offset by the stuffing of yummy goodies into my mouth.  So I've decided that I am going to go grocery shopping this weekend and get goodies that are good for me.  No more bags of chips, donuts, bottled green tea (that has more sugar than a can of soda I've heard), no more sodas, lots of water and going to begin taking green tea supplements instead of drinking it.  I read that's the best way to get it into your body healthily.  

On another note, I'm stressing pretty badly right now.  My doctor has found that I am HPV HIGH RISK and wants to do a colposcopy.  He says the insurance I'm on doesn't cover the procedure and that I need to get it done sooner than later in case there is a cancer there.  Well, sir, that $834 you are wanting to charge me isn't in my budget.  Plus, I'm really close to being eligible for the company insurance instead of the state insurance I am currently on.  Once I get that, we're full speed ahead on this!  But until then, I don't want to take the risk of there being something there and then it being a "pre-existing" to the insurance company when I get it.  Then I'll be up a creek without a paddle.  

So friends, that's my life at the moment.  No man's land is attempting to get me, but I'm trying to fight back as best as I can.  I appreciate everyone's support in my QUIT!  ❤️

8 Comments
Michwoman

I work in the group insurance field. It's a very good chance that your pre-existing condition won't matter if you wait until you enroll. What Insurance Company is it??

hotmomma0210

bcbs

Michwoman

OK then your pre-ex won't matter. WAIT. How long of a wait is it?

Chris265

I just finished cutting up carrot sticks and celery stalks.  Dum Dum lollipops at 25 calories a pop have been my downfall.  But guess a few extra pounds are worth it?

Nyima_1.6.13

I hate the weight gain! It took me 18 months to lose the weight that I just put back on in four months! Ugh, but I'm smoke free.....big sarcastic smile coming your way!

Sorry to hear you have to have the colonoscopy and are stressing!The procedure itself wasn't so bad but drinking an oceans worth of horrible tasting stuff was pretty bad!

wishingstar

I been taking long walks and just started zumba xbox and still after 18 days, things seem to fit, but Its normaly to gain some wieght. I know will because I eat breakefast now and the fist days I was wild with fudge rounds and pretzels

Will keep you in my prayers

Renee 18 counting

YoungAtHeart

I have read that we need to keep our calories down by 200 after we quit smoking - just to make up for the difference in body chemistry.  Since most of us got the munchies, besides the 200, most of us gained weight.

But - just think about how much that oxygen tank  would have weighed that we would have had to lug around if we didn't quit!  This ain't nuthin' compared to THAT - and all we have to do is increase our activity and reduce our caloric intake to fix the weight gain.  The same cannot be said for that oxygen tank!!!!!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

joyeuxencore

Oh my goodness! I know one thing for sure...not smoking and eating a clean, healthy diet devoid of processed foods and sugar will improve ANY condition...Also help with extra pounds...

Protect your quit friend! xo