cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 356 .....8 more days !

bonniebee
0 18 33

I can hardly believe I am almost at the door Of the 6% club ! The year has just gone by so fast !!! I never ever thought I could make it this far . I really think being a part of Ex gave me strength and motivation to be sucessful ! I love all of you and will be forever grateful !

I had a smokemare last night the funny thing is I do not remember actually lighting up or smoking I just knew I had and it was so upsetting that I cried in the dream. I could not believe I did it and I was asking myself why would I sabotage my quit right before I made a year ? I was so upset in the dream about facing Ex and disappointing all of you that have helped me through the rough times this year . I even thought  "will never go back to Ex !  " I looked in my pocketbook and found the empty pack of cigarettes and knew that even though I had relapsed I was not going to continue smoking ! Then  I woke up and I was sooooooooooooo relieved and happy to know it was only a dream ! This is the second smokemare I have had in the past few weeks .

Having those dreams shows me that my quit is very important to me and I still have a fear of losing it ! I will be vigilant as our friend Marilyn always reminds us to do !

I am realzing more and more how important our thoughts are to the sucess of our quit I think being here on Ex reminded me constantly to think positive and it works ! Other times I quit I often allowed myself to think thoughts like "I will never get through the first few days ......I will never be able to be around my friends who smoke ....I will never be able to handle stress without a cigarette...... I cannot quit while living with a smoker and that stinkin thinking made me relapse ! I change my thoughts now ,I think positive ones and I don't let those negative thoughts  reign anymore !

So newbies  if you are having negative thoughts change your thinking and act " as if " and before you know it those negative thoughts will become a thing of the past and you will get stronger and happier in you quits !

Stay strong and carry on .......

18 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

It's very common to struggle in some way with our quit just as we're crossing the One Year threshhold! Being vigilant is always a Great Idea!

I hope you can be here on your Special Day to celebrate with us, Bonnie! 

Thanks for this Wonderful Blog!

JACKIE1-25-15

Nice Blog.  You are amazing.  6% I am holding the door open for you.  Those dreams can really throw you for a loop.  Congrats.

WLFSRFAMILY

Jackie, We can both hold the door open for her. I enter the 6% club tommorrow night at 8pm central time. I too can't beleive I have made it, after struggling for so long and now to be smoke free for so long. 🙂

YoungAtHeart

Don't let those smokemares bother you; you may actually have them for some time.  I still have one occasionally....but I treasure that feeling of relief when I awaken and realize it WAS a smokemare!

I think it IS common to have more of them as you approach a milestone.  .I think it may be because we are consciously thinking moreabout our journey , perhaps.

I can't WAIT to celebrate your year with you.  You have earned those congratulations!

Nancy

dpop
Congratulations! Now you can hold the door open for us newbies when we hit one year! Great blog and thank you!
froguelady

We will welcome you to the 6% club with open arms. 

Everytime I have a smokemare I am so happy when I wake up. I know I will always stay vigilant on keeping my quit.

tjanddj

A postive mind sure makes a difference in the quit and everything else in life that comes our way. I am looking forward to you going through the gates and joining the 6% club. I also look forward to me joiing you a few days after you. Looking back now, it doesn't seem that it was that long ago when we quit but here we are with a year just about on us. Almost there Bonnie!!

Giulia

Dreaming about cigarettes as you approach your one year anniversary is par for the course.  You are focused  more intently during this time on your quit at this major milestone.  It's a BIG DEAL!  And your subconscious mind is reminding you of it.  
I've mostly loved my quit dreams.  Because I either awaken from them with a sigh of relief, or I get to smoke in the dream (and that's kinda fun!)  But like you - I never remember lighting up in the dream.  I just have and - there it is.  A done deal.  Really interesting that you found an empty pack and even in the dream determined that you would not go back to smoking.  That's telling you've learned your lessons well here.  The dreams also remind us to always watch our backs.
Looking forward to 8 days from now and your (and our)  GLEE!

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 356  days Bonnie B. I am very proud of you! I will be ere to "party" with you in 8 days! I hvae had a couple of smokemares and am happyh to wake up! and realize I didn't lose my quit!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

msterling999

Bonnie B - Congratulations!!!!!!! We have the same date, but I am two years ahead of you. I love your attitude. Stay strong and carry on, you are a wonder. Welcome to the club!

Maggie

JonesCarpeDiem

Big Congratulations!

I like my smoking dreams with maple syrup.

HealthyOrange

Congratulations, Bonnie on all your success!  I think you are correct in figuring that your dreams mean you need to stay vigilant and that you are still vulnerable.  Changing our thoughts is huge!  You've done an excellent job staying the course and I can't wait for you to reach the one year mark,  Way to go, Bonnie!!

MarilynH

Congratulations on your awesome 356 precious smoke free days and heading right straight to the awesome 6 % club and continuing on with vigilance while enjoying your splendiferous freedom from the dreaded nicotine poison. 

elvan

Beautiful blog, beautiful Bonnie B!  I am so excited for you, you are just about at the entrance!  There will be many more milestones for you to celebrate as well. Hugs, Ellen

johio

Welcome BonnieB 6% looks good on you

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations on your 356 smoke free days! Way to go!
Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations on your 356 smoke free days! Way to go!
Christine13

Wonderful 356 days!!  I have smoking dreams almost every night.  I can't wait until they become less.  356 days of freedom for you!  I look up to you Bonnie!

About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .