cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 344.......21 more days !!!!!

bonniebee
3 12 16

I am excited about reaching my 1 year anniversary and entering in to the 6% club .....that being said it seems I have had a few more craves then usual . Just knowing this milestone is so close seems to have activated the memories of my smoking addiction to a higher level  ! Could this be nicodemons Last stand !  He doesn't give up easily but either do I !!!!

I just read Thomas' blog and as usual it was very inspiring ! My main reason for quitting smoking was to be free of the addiction and to live as God intended me to be ! It is a "Promised Land " !

I don't have live TV anymore but I have netflicks and last night (completely forgetting it was MLK day today ) I watched  "The Butler " It was a very good movie !

It is great not needing the sickerettes anymore it is wonderful not being addicted to anything ! It is fantastic to breathe without wheezing ! It is incedibe that it is almost my 1 year anniversary !!!

To all of you newbies .......Think positive thoughts about your quit and make "Not one puff ever " your commitment to yourself !  I found Dale's saying 'I don't do that anymore " incredibly helpful and it remains so . A simple statement but a great weapon against the negative thoughts that tend to enter the brain especially in the first days and weeks of quitting the sickerettes !

Thank you and (((((HUGS))))) to all who have helped me get to this day ! You newbies included !!!

Stay Strong and Carry On ! Have a very nice Martin Luther King Day !

12 Comments
About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .