cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 301

Barbara145
0 20 7

The time has passed surprisingly quickly.  It of course didn't feel like that in the beginning.  I am 67 and I smoked for 52 years.  I have had alot of loss and disappointment over the last 10 years.  I have been divorced twice.  6 years ago I lost my home and 4 duplexes.  Last July after working as an LPN for 38 years with a spotless record, I was fired out of the blue.  I got a bad Bronchitis and I was diagnosed with COPD in September.  I quit smoking October 1st, relapsed Oct. 9th, got back on the wagon Oct.11th and havent looked back.  My life had become pretty much smoking constantly.  I was depressed.  Well my life looks totally different now.  I am not depressed.  I am on no meds for anything. Not depression or COPD. I exercise alot.  I walk at least a mile everyday.  I do Yoga.  I take lots of vitamins and eat very healthfully. I want to go, go, go and it feels wonderful.  I sat on my couch for at least the first 3 months of my quit.  So newbies, DONT GIVE UP!!!!  I feel like I am getting younger everyday!!  I had my first attempt to quit at 17 years of age.  I had multiple attempts over the years to quit.  I had resigned myself to believing, I just couldn't do it.  With this website and 2 forms of NRT I am doing it.  I am still not off NRT,s.  I am decreasing them still.  I can,t promise when I can give up nicotine completely but I know this.  I have NO desire to smoke again.  Love and best wishes to you all.  God Bess.

20 Comments
johio

Great Job Barbara....I also smoked for over 50 years, so I know what you went through to quit...It is so worth it

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job!

Junior7

Thanks for the the inspiration!

cookie804

wow day 301, that is a tremendous journey. I am so proud of you and you are truly an inspiration to me. I have quit several times myself. The last time was for a year and I forgot to remind myself that I am held accountable for other people's actions. Life is not always fair that is for sure but we are held accountable to God for our actions.

God bless

Carolyn

LouiseR

Congrats on 301 days !

MarilynH

( CONGRATULATIONS )you are an inspiration to me, keep on keeping on. Right on ☆★☆★☆★

Thomas3.20.2010

EXcellent! CONGRATULATIONS! 

nanawendy

Congratulations, 301 days is wonderful, keep moving forward and soon you will enbter the 6% club

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

Ms.J_11-10-2013

301 wow,! That is fantastic~and I am not far behind you at 271 DOF.  You will be one of the 4th quarter graduates into the 6% club.

Jackie

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, and better still to read of your success!

Congratlations!

Nancy

froguelady

Congrats on 301 days free. You are very close to a year and being in the 6% of quitters that stay quit for 1 year.  I smoked 54 years so I know how tough it can be to relearn life without smoking. I still get a flash of a crave now and then but know it is only a smoking memory not a desire to smoke. You can and are doing this.

Deena-A-Yenni

Congratulations!!  You are paving the way for us newbies!!  Thanks in advance.

Strudel

Barbara - So great to see you! Congrats on 301 days! When you are ready to come off the NRT's be sure to write a blog asking for advice - many folks here have done it.....I am sure they will help you! You quit smoking - you can do anything! I love the idea of you getting younger by the day! 

trudyd

Wow that is some accomplishment !!CONGRATULATIONS!

Jennifer-Quit

Great job!

Bee_Jay

You are wonderful!

moody_9-18-13

YES!!  Now, that's what I call a beautiful blog! Congratulations on your new life!

jojo29

Just read about you Barbara  &  this is a great blog , sometime we have to lose something to gain alot but you was strong enough to hang in there and gain a life , what more can we ask for , congrats on the best thing you ever did .. quit smoking 🙂 its a new and improved life . keep on going strong ((hugs))

joyeuxencore

Congratulations Barbara...I sat on the couch for 3 months as well...Used to baffle me how folks were cleaning, going to the gym & having tons of energy. I knew I would get better in my time and I still am...

I LOVE yoga...It is my saving grace. I got certified to teach back in 2007. I don't teach but I just wanted to quit smoking and prove I could do it. So I quit for the 10 weeks & picked up again! Oh what we do...I have begun practicing again in my quit...

Brava lady on your amazing success story. A true testament to any newcomer! xo

healthy4life

I agree with the others- this was a lovely post and an inspiration! I too once thought I couldn't do it, couldn't quit. That was just the addict in my head! Of course I can quit, just like you! 

Thank you for sharing your experience! It helps newbies like myself 🙂