cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 30 wooohooo

punky-angel
0 2 36

I will not lie and say it has been easy because it hasn't. I have had and am still having some very powerful cravings but....I have learned to deal with them (swipe them out of my thoughts)and continue with a routine day without the smokes! Granted I have gained some weight but knowing that weight can be lost when weather permits for lots of exercise. In my dreams I am smoking,then I wake up with the knowledge that I am past that point.I wake from those dreams with cravings but I dismiss those thoughts from my waking state of mind as I sip my wonderfully tasting coffee(which I couldn't fully experience while I smoked) I love the smells of fresh baked goods in the stores and bakeries now that I dont have the stench of smoke clouding up my senses.How many of you are noticing how much more vivid the tastes and smells of things are now, compared to when you were smoking? I know this just seems to be meaningless blogging but I am sooo proud that I feel like sharing every experience with you all. For all of you who have just started to quit, just keep in mind that You CAN do this and WILL do it. There are alot of awesome people here to talk to and offer great advice.We all know that everyone is different but... Everyone is going through these stages together and that is what counts.YOU are not alone in this fight and we all will gladly help YOU beat the demon!!!

Thanks everyone for another wonderful smoke free day and god bless you all

2 Comments
judy41

Way to go angel, and I know just what you mean.  The amazing thing is the stench of someone else who's been smoking - can you believe we smelled like that?  We're on that freedom train - woohoo - all aboard!

blc

I know what you mean. I love being able to smell and taste better. I am on day 13 and still going strong. None of what you are blogging is meaningless. Have a smoke free night.

Bobbi