Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 3,,,,still hangin' in there :-)

butt-kicker
0 7 4

Hello Everyone!

I had to stop what I was doing and write here before the night is over. Just knowing that you all are here, and you all understand what I'm talking about, means more to me than I can even express. This quit attempt,,lol,,,,when I told my friends and family this time,,,,I could literally hear their eyes rolling in their heads and hear them thinking " Yeah, right, we've heard all this before,,,,,,,,Blah Blah Blah"     I totally get how they feel, so it's nice just coming here for some encouragement, reassurance, understanding and so much more. I did have some rough moments today, but that's all they were "moments" and I knew what to expect,,and I knew they would pass. My attitude is great, Thanks again to the people here. Just knowing what to expect and hearing how people deal, really helped me through these first 3 days. When I am walking around feeling stupid or lost ,,lol,,I seem to remember someone wrote the same thing here, so I  just went with it, made a cup of tea, sat down for a few and took some deep breaths. My breathing is already getting better, oh, and I can smell things more today. I always thought I had a pretty good sense of smell,,haha,,,So I went into my closet and smelled all my clothes,,,hahaha,,They smelled fine, I just had to be sure. I went from room to room smelling everything in them,,I was just amazed at how much better everything's getting.,,lol

Well, I wanted to write this down, so I have something to look back at if I ever get an overwhelming urge. Just to remind myself how far I've come  (hopefully) and that I don't want to start over for the gazillionth time,,,lol,,or maybe this can help someone who is thinking about quitting. It's not much, but it is an addition to what everyone else here has to offer. That's what makes this place so great!

Best wishes to all and Good Luck to the future quitters,,You came to the right place!

Diane

No More Puffs,,One's Never Enough! They ought to call 'em " Crack Stix"

7 Comments