cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 29... Craving a cig.

hotmomma0210
0 8 295

I'm sitting here at work and the guy in the office next to me is still smoking - outside of course.  The smell is not only making my stomach turn, but it's also making me CRAVE!  So you know what I did???  I bought some peanuts.  Planters Salted peanuts!  And every craving I have, I pop a few in my mouth.  After yesterday's stress of not knowing whether my son's father and his new family were alright along with watching the death toll in Oklahoma climb... I really just want to light up.  Fighting... but struggling.  😕

8 Comments
scubavernie

Love Planters! What a great diversion tactic. I hope your family are ok and you have heard from them.

Keep it up, you are doing great, and you are just knocking down all those triggers, one by one.

🙂

Michwoman

And will smoking bring back those poor folks? Or insure that your son's father is OK? NOOOOOOOO!!!  Will it help you cope with the worry better?? NOOOOOOO!!

Don't romance the idea. Keep yourself busy and tell yourself - out loud - that you don't do that any more. You are no longer a smoker. Smoking is NOT an option.

You're doing this! Don't cave now!

hotmomma0210

I have heard from them.  They are fine, so that helped calm my nerves last night.  

YoungAtHeart

Stay committed and stay strong.  You are entering  No Mans Land, a time when, even without all those extra triggers, you may be complacent in your quit and an intense crave can hit you out of the blue and bring you to your knees.  You need to remind yourself of all the self-talk and distraction techniques that you used successfully in the early days of your quit and employ them yet again.

The craves will end just as suddenly as they came and you will be well on your way again.

You ARE doing this.  Don't be tempted to start smoking again.  You have worked too hard to get this far!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

joyeuxencore

Hi there! You are doing so great Momma...stay with...protect that quit...

30 to 130 days is called No Man's Land (NML) and strong cravings can blindside you out of nowhere...be prepared not surprised...it is normal and will pass! Read up on it on Dale's page and Sarah's Wed Weekly NML blogs...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/sarahp      Sarah’s NML blogs

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-da...

Crunchy salty and jumping jacks are what got me through! xp

Nyima_1.6.13

Come here before you do anything you might regret! You have a strong quit going! Don't let your addictive thoughts convince you otherwise! Congrats on 29!

wishingstar

What ever it takes, I grab pretzels, clean, walk, deep breaths what ever it takes. I live with a smoker, i know how feel. to smell it. Stinks like hell but on the 4th morning I wanted it.  Thank god I made to 10 days and I did so with a smoker, It can be done.

Renee

wishingstar

Sorry  I should have said, I'm sending prayers your way. We as newbees are learning to live with strees with out nasty cigs,. We none smoker befor we became smokers. If thats makes sense. Well allen carr touch on the subject and worth a re -read