cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day #28 of my Quit

trish4801
2 4 303

Day #28 was a busy day. Went to my 87 year old mom's house to take her to get pedicures for both her and I. $120 later the nails are done and she is very happy, I'm happy too. Then took her for Starbucks coffee.

Got back to her place and she tells me her TV in the living room isn't working. She uses a firestick and the extension cord had come slightly unplugged, looked like it was still in outlet but wasn't in all the way.

Then she tells me she is going to clean the litter box, take out the trash and sweep the kitchen where her cat had dumped the cat food. So being a loving daughter I did these things for her. My sister and I sweep, mop and vacuum once every week for her. My other sister goes over a couple times a week to give her dog a long walk.

Came home and had to take the 18 year old dog to see if the lumps that had suddenly shown up checked. She had 2 cysts that they drained. Unsure what the last one was. Told to keep an eye on it.

Husband and I ate out tonight. We each had a burrito bowl, so good and will feed me another day.

Another good day. No thoughts of cigarettes, think I was too busy to even think about it. However, after I got home, walked into the house and thought I smelled a cigarette even though I was the only one home. Strange?

Stay strong and true to yourself as I will stay strong and true to myself. We've got this!

Tags (1)
4 Comments
About the Author
I'm a grandma of 20 grandkids. Some are step grandkids but makes them no different. I'm recently retired from Hostess Brands think Twinkies. I'm quitting because I want to see all my grandkids grow up and be here for them.