cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 25: Really?

whooonk
0 5 1,298

Wow, I am on day 25. Only 5 till day 30! That's just crazy to me. The thought of going even 3 days without seemed impossible 25 days ago! I never even thought I would make it 3 days, a week, two weeks, 20 days, now I am looking at the good side of 30! I am pretty happy about it. The depression has pretty much left and the only emotional side I am living with is once or twice a day I kinda think, “awe, I kinda like a smoke right now”, and then a little bummed that I can't. Which is really funny that I still occasionally want something that is hell bent on killing me!

The cravings have gone from a pretty constant throbbing to a more infrequent hit from a sledge hammer. The best part though is that the frequency of the sledge hammer is spreading out and becoming less times a day. Depending on the day it is anywhere from 10 to 3 times a day I get hit pretty hard but I am able to push through them and then it goes away and is completely forgotten for a while. The first couple weeks it wouldn't go away and was still in the back of my mind pretty much 24/7. Now when the craving is gone, the thought is completely gone too.

My fitness performance is up, I am not as fatigued, and I am proud of myself. As always thank you very much all those who have supported me. I couldn't have done this 25 days without you! To the next 25!

5 Comments