cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 23...

ralphh11
0 12 13

Day 4 without dizziness, but I'm exhausted. Seems like a step forward and two steps back. Yesterday, my heart rate went up out of the blue from a sitting of like 80 to 141, all within about 10 mins. I'm thinking it is still withdrawals or the Ativan getting out of my system - but I didn't sleep much last night and super tired this morning. Praying calmness over my day and peace over my body! 🙂

Is that normal? I mean, did anyone experience lessening symptoms and then - BAM - something come out of the blue?? Not sure if anxiety and cravings are synonymous... I'm not realy craving cigarettes, just getting anxious and fluttery (is that what cravings feels like??).

Wishing there were natural remedies to 1) anxiety and 2) sleep. Can't stand taking medication with all their side effects...

12 Comments
Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congrats on your precious 23 dof. I had a problem sleeping for awhile, the elders here told me it would pass it did...it will pass. For anxiety and not sleeping maybe try napping if/when you can, deep breathing and meditation. Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration symptoms maybe....you may want to try increasing your water intake? If symptoms continue, I suggest you seek medical attention.
elvan

Congratulations on your 23 days...talk to someone in a health food store, there are some teas and supplements that might help you with sleep.  DO take in water and try to be patient.  I agree with Dot that if the symptoms continue, you might want to see a doc.

dpop
Yes...all I did was nap and take it day by day. I hated hearing it while I was going through it but here it goes....be patient it will pass! Hang in there!
ralphh11

Yeah... seriously wishing I could nap, but I have to forge my way through work tired and try to catch a 10 minute power nap at lunch! 😞

I've been drinking water like a camel... maybe 3 - 32 oz bottles a day. Maybe I should try more. I don't know.

Rox.j1962
Look into ashwagandha for anxiety..along with drinking water it may help....never forget that tobacco does not help, it's a lie we choose to believe at times. 🙂
Jenn_06-03-14

Hang in there!  With me working in the health and wellness field...you should be drinking at least half of your body weight in water per day.  I know it seems like  alot, but your body is made up most of water.  Side effects from quitting smoking...yes, you can experience anxiety and sleep loss...at least I did.  Like the others said...it shall pass...easier said than done...I know.  If you are unable to sleep at night...get up...walk around the house...maybe pick up a book...if you lay there and get frustrated, it makes is worse!  Hang in there!  Way to go on 23 DOF!  You can do it!  We are always here for you if you need anything!  

ralphh11

Thanks all!! 🙂 Reading the posts helps me know someone is out there...

YoungAtHeart

@Jen and Ralph  - that's half your body weight in ounces each day! 

🙂

ralphh11

Yeah... I was gonna say might as well fill the pool with purified water if I need to drink that much! 🙂

YoungAtHeart

We have all been through what you are experiencing,. Ralph - and we are here to tell you ALL about it.  We survived it and you will, too.  You have just got to keep slogging through.

One day at a time!  Hang in there!

Nancy

paulh

Maybe try Lavender oil, Kava, and a product called Calms. Its a Magnesium supplement. I also picked up  a supplement today from my health food store called "Addiction Withdrwal", its made by Crystal Star.

ralphh11

Let me know how that works. I might get some lavender oil on the way home - though I'm not sure where I would get it.