cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 21....

Rhia
0 5 13

This is my 2nd attempt to quit, well my 2nd real attempt.  I attempted last october... made it a couple weeks and then started smoking.  I just relogged on here and saw that if I hadn't I would be at the 150 day mark.  I am on the 21 day mark.  But it's okay.  It seems a little easier this time, and while I know I can just go buy a pack of cigarettes if I want to I am able to keep myself from doing it this time.  It still sucks, but it's better.  I guess that is all I have to say.... I am glad to see some of the people I talked to when I was on here before are doing so well though. 

5 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations on 21 days.

I went back and read some of your other blogs and saw you were using the patch.

Are you using anything as an aid this time?

The patch is simply a nicotine replacement to relieve you of the chemical addiction while you begin unlearning the psychological addiction. (the hand to mouth and inhale motions)

So the patch will not keep you from smoking and will not keep you quit, you have to do that.

You don't have to want to quit. I didn't. Plenty of people get told they must quit by their physician and they do so successfully.

What makes a successful quit is not wanting to quit, it's being willing to quit instead of fighting yourself to smoke.

Time is the healer. It takes time to unlearn something we've done so many times.

Junior7

Congrats on 21 days!

jenni23

Congrats!! I am on my first day!! Hopefully I will make it to 21!!!!

Summer-Rain

congrats on 21 days

Strudel

Congrats on 21 days! Be sure to stick around! Getting the support here can make all the difference!