Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 20

jcameron
0 14 48

i question if i will buy the add on pack of chantix for $500.00

14 Comments
trudyd

$500 that's crazy I thought it was like $100 for 30 day supply??

deb-k

I'm not sure this will help but in my home town at our area hospital we have a smoking clinic.It is free all you need is the willingness to quit .We did have to go to five meetings,one a week for one hour. The second wk. we were given any type of meds. We wanted. The only thing was every wk. we had to blow a smaller no. On the carbon dioxide machine.Im not sure if this is any help but I would sure hate to have to buy my Chantix.Still on Chantix and have 33 days smoke free. With this web site I believe I will make it this time .Hang in there.    Deb

jcameron

it was 200.00 for 30 days

500.00 for three months

i am at 20 days today smoke free after 40 years

I FEEL GREAT TODAY

JonesCarpeDiem

Good job. You are  thru the inital worst of quitting but i have no idea about how that works

candylance

In the commercials, it says to smoke for the first week, then you won't want anymore. My husband took it and had a two week supply for $100. He went bonkers on it and had to stop taking it. Still smoking after a mini stroke and reading Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking". Guess he'll die smoking but at least he's smoking outside and not affecting my COPD or my quit !! I just don't want to lose him to a piece of paper with a plant +++++++ many other things in it. I love him!!!

Candy aka Monumental Master      d210

nanawendy

I quit with the help of chantix.. I took it for about 2and a half months and then I would forget to take the ione in the evening so I just stopped.. I am 463 days smoke free, so it works, but you have to do your oart also.. Fortunately, with my insurance a three month supply was free.  In their commercial they say that if you need help paying for it , there is help available, so you might want to check on that

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

eddieg121

I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan of CHANTIX or any book that I have to BUY to help me QUIT.1498 Days ago I decied to QUIT.  All it took was committment and the nicotine patch.  But whatever it takes if it be CHANTIX or a book it is your QUIT, Do what you must to stay smoke free.

katjus73

My husband took Chantix and quit (for over a year), but it had some side effects.  They weren't bad enough for him to stop for awhile though.  By the time he did have to stop, it had worked.  

Me, on the other hand, went half crazy too.  Of course, I suffer from depression, anxiety, etc.  It could have been the meds I take for those that didn't go well, but it's just as likely it just didn't mesh with me.  

I agree, though, whatever will get you to the point.  Firm self dialogue will go a long way if you have the commitment though, with most people.  No matter what you try, make sure you keep telling yourself: it's a trap-- that ONE coffin nail will not be just one!  It's a trap and I'm smarter & stronger than that!

LouiseR

I took chantix for 3 weeks, 1 week before I quit then 2 weeks after I quit.  I went off of it because I was having major stomach issues(constipation, gas, bloating)thought it was the chantix but still had the stomach issues for another 3 months.  I really didn't notice any great change in my desire to smoke or not after I stopped chantix.  Its really up to you.

annb
"NOPE" lol I wouldn't give 'em another cent! Sounds like you don't need it now. But I haven't used it so here's a salt shaker too.
Ms.J_11-10-2013

I took it for the full 12 weeks and I think I paid $111.91 and had 3 refills so it was a total of about 340.00.  Which when I added up the cost of what I would have paid for cigarettes, it was paid off in no time.  My insurance paid a very small part-which blows my mind because they are always trying to get you healtier but won't pay more on something like that.  I also went on line and got a coupon- chantix.com and that helped defray some of the cost.  If it is working for you and there are not a lot of side effects stay on it!!

148 days quit

Ms "J"

jcameron

the side effects of chantix have been ok in general

strange dreams to be sure - the rest not so bad for me

Ladybug--7-3-12

Stay with your chosen program -- don't cut corners.  If your doctor prescribed using it for 12 weeks (and any side effects are minimal or manageable) just keep to the plan.  You are working on your "Stay Quit" part -- why stray from what is working for you?  The money you save in the long term will more than balance out the expense.   

jcameron

bottom line = i bought it, 56 more days of it anyway, lets see where we go from here