cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2 of smoke free

xbabybluez
0 9 16

Ok for one I am not sure if I can blog this, if not sorry..

I was not raised to be a QUITTER, so therefore I am not going to look at this as Quitting smoking.. Honestly, with each Puff of a smoke your are slowly killing your self..  I am NOT quitting, I am Done Committing Suicide.

Thats all I am going to write on that.. hope how I feel does NOT get me in trouble, or offend anyone..

But as for today it was not all easy, got up at 5am got ready for work still ok, worked not thought about a smoke got a few tips on being smoke free from a co worker whom is 22 days free. got into car still ok.... came home and ok but hubbys room STUNK like cigs... and it make me sick.... YUK.... but he did air out the house and the house smelled GREAT but his room... so I shut his door and made it clear that he is not helping me by smoking..we work diff shifts so we have our own bedroom. thats good now, I am not traped in there with the smoke....

9 Comments
Patty-cake

Hi baby blues, you've got the right attitude. This will get you far. 

You did great on your second day. Rinse and repeat. 

Whatever you do, stay busy. Continually change your routine. Your are beating this ugly addiction. 

Sounds like your co-worker friend may make a great quit buddy. Maybe you can exchange phone numbers for support? Just a thought.

pir8fan

You do not have to consider this quitting! You can consider it Starting!

Starting a new life of Freedom!

Starting to break the chains of addiction!

Starting to treat yourself better!

Starting to feel better!

Starting to smell better!

Add you own thoughts! Perhaps other would like to add theirs!

craftylady

Congrats!!  Every minute, every hour is a step in the right direction!!!

Nyima_1.6.13

You are off to a great new start! I wish you the best of luck on this journey and don't be afraid to blog about your feelings! 

YoungAtHeart

I hope you have done the reading previously linked for you.  It has been a huge help to everyone here!  Reading Allen Carr;s book is also a good crave buster, I found, as is reading the blog posts here.  You can pick up all kinds of good tips from others who are on this journey with you.

Stay committed! 

I will add my "Starting:"

Starting to be so proud of myself!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

Kimshine

I understand your thoughts on being a quitter...this is good quitting though! I love what Patty Cake said....rinse and repeat!! What a great way to put it...Have you read Allen Carr?? The book helped me change my opinions on things...It's an easy read, but do finish it...I loved it.

I will send you the link..Please read it If you haven't!!

Allen Carr...The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Kim

Jordan-11-1-12

Keep up the good work!!  I know what mean about "quitting" but stopping killing ourselves is always a good thing!!  

When I first got to this site I was told that my quit is what I make of it. I chose to be positive, and it really helped me stay determained and commited.  

Like Nancy and Kim above, Allen Carr's book was a major help to me. Its hard to describe the difference it can make, so I hope you take the time to read it! 😃

zinamarie

You are doing great.  I am going to borrow Patty-Cakes Rinse and Repeat, that's awesome!  And I like your thoughts about not quitting and I love Tommys thoughts about Starting.  That's what this site is all about.  Somehow, one way or another, we all end up on the same page.  We do not want to Smoke!  Protect Your Start!

eileenw

img alt="" src="
Facebook Graphics, Congratulations Graphics at WishAFriend.com" />