cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2 No Smoking

jrogers62
0 13 79

So far it's been a good day for it. I've been picking up my harmonicas and playing them. They sure help me a lot. Still not smoking. The day is young and I started off by taking a shower and putting on my patch. So I guess I have to keep myself busy all day. Our cats are talking to me and being sweet to me. They like the new smell I have. My cat Sabrina is a sassy black cat but she's spending more time with me . Hurray !! 

I'm listening to Journey and blogging . Open arms is playing right now and I love this song. I am musically inclined so my instruments  are my deterant from Smoking. They are helping me strenghten my Lungs. So instead of reaching for a cigarette I pick up my harmonica and play along with Journey.Time out time for my cat to get attention.

13 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

"Don't Stop Believin"

jrogers62

I'll never Stop Believing. Feels like the first time that I've been so free from smoking. I've tired several times now I'm actually doing it. Hurray!!

Wish You Were Here is playing love this song.Enjoying my wonka Nerds and enjoying the music.Do you thing you can tell No Smoking do not enter. Yes it's Pink Floyd and I saw them live in Frankfurt, Germany

YoungAtHeart

You sound GREAT!  Keep the good attitude - it will take you far on this journey.  You might just have a bad day here and there - but remembering this good one and knowing others are ahead will help get you through it (you also might NOT have a bad day - I will hope that is true for you!)

Nancy

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Congratulations on your awesome 2 days of freedom!  Keep doing what you'doing, it's working for you!

judymarie2323
Congratulations! Hugs to you! Keep up the good work. Great attitude!
Giulia

Play along with Buddy and it'll sure keep your hands busy!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV4YJwRStKI

Day 2 almost done.  Keep goin' !!!

prjimm01

One day at a time and stick to your plan!  We are all very proud of you!

shashort

Congratulations on day 2.  Great job continue saying NOPE!!

crazymama_Lori

in no time, day 2 becomes 3, becomes 4, becomes 30, becomes a year.  At first the time drags, but before you know it you'll find yourself not thinking about it

jrogers62

Thanks everyone but I slipped this afternoon and had 6 cigs. Back to trying harder tomorrow. Oh well life goes on!! Good nite all from California.

JonesCarpeDiem

there is no such thing as a slip. a slip is giving yourself permission to smoke, nothing more.

why are there cigarettes around?

If they aren't yours, they don't belong to you.

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on day 2! Heep moving forward!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

elvan

GOOD for you, my pulmonologist recommended playing a harmonica as part of pulmonary rehab.  It TORTURED MY cats because I am horrible at playing any instrument but I could see how it might help.  I will admit that I pretty much gave that up. I am happy for you as you stack another day.  It really is one day at a time.