cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2: Mantra: Breathing well and raising hell!

debbiem2
0 5 38

I've got one whole day under my belt now. So far so good. I'm chewing nicotine gum which seems to help. I'm proud of myself but sorry that one of my friends has lost the battle. I fear my other friend will lose the battle too. Hey, I may lose the battle but I'm thinking positive! I'm so good at stopping but not quitting for good. I really want to make this permanent this time. I've learned that permanent means making up my mind every minute, every hour, every day not to smoke. It just doesn't come to you once you put down the cigs. I'm a health care provider with a 35 yr smoking history. I keep trying to remember that I'm an outcast at most every venue I visit as a smoker...except with my smoking girlfriends. I've been a closet smoker in my professional world for quite a awhile. Just the fact that I'm doing something so embarrassing that I have to hide it should be motivation enough. It's certainly tiresome. I'm not hurting anyone but myself and letting myself down more than anyone else. Now I don't have to hide and I smell good. No more spraying everything down to hide the evidence!

Debbie

Tags (1)
5 Comments