cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2: It itches!!!

maverick11
0 6 45

My jaw is killin me from chewing like 12054689045790647309 pieces of gum yesterday so I have the patch on, but this sucker is itchin,not tooo terribly bad but oh well, the cravings aren't too bad, but a client walked in and has that "just smoked" smell and its kinda triggering me but I think I am gonna be okay.

I really want to just like eat all the time...

welp, I guess gaining weight is better than black lungs and a failing heart lol

just a lil more of me to love I guess...

6 Comments
CatsRsmart

Too much gum has given me a head ache before. The itch of the patch goes away after awhile. I started on patch 2...then step 3....they have helped me. No more patches as of today.. soon, others that just smoked will stink to you. only at first does it seem to trigger the urge....they stink and they are stuck...you are free....you can do this, we do this together.

prjimm01

amen.  we do this together.

JonesCarpeDiem

move it around. shoulder blade, outside of arms and legs

Scott106

hang in there.  it hasn't been long for me, but i feel like i'm starting to think about cigarettes less and less

hampton

I quit cold turkey this last quit of mine. I'm on my 61st day as a non smoker. In my other attempts to quit smoking I used the patches. It burned my skin and itched like crazy. I remember having to move it around to different areas to get relief. I also put tons of lotion on where the patch was the day before. I hope you get some relief. One day at a time. Your doing good. Keep them out of your mouth..... It truly get's better,Day by day. I do not ever want to start over again!! N.O.P.E.

YoungAtHeart

Be careful with the gum not to overdo:  4 mg. lozenge- 5 of them equal a pack of cigarettes

If you are using the patch - be especially careful - you are already getting a time release nicotine - and I would think if you are chewing a bunch of gum, you may be ODing on nicotine.

You've been given good advice on moving the patch around, I think. 

Hang in there - this requires some effort - but it is SO worth it!

Nancy