cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2 - Almost past!

selmccal
0 11 21

As a member of this site informed me that my quit day starts the minute I take my last puff then I am ONE HOUR from passing day 2. Day 3 was when I faltered last time however, I will not falter this time. I do not want to reset I want to get my first week out the door. It should have already been my first week so I am kicking myself that I made the smoking choice and had to reset! Monday would have been 7 days, it's frustrating enough to keep me away from smoking. 

Today has been alright. I've had a lot of distractions and it just seems like I'm sort of going into each craving saying, you will not die from this feeling you will simply be uncomfortable for a few minutes, get over it. That is what I keep telling myself. I think before I was scared of the feeling of being on edge for so long because I know I need to be patient to truly feel the effects of no smoking. With that said, I'm no longer scared, I'm simply mad that I have let myself go back to smoking when I can easily overcome this feeling and get back to a life without cigs. 

I think this quit is much different for me because it seems to be fueled by anger at the tobacco and nicotine rather than a want for it. I'm irrationally blaming the cancer stick I have become so accustomed to but what's odd is the blame game is helping me. Instead of blaming myself so much for being too weak to quit, I'm blaming an item for weasling it's way into my body and keeping me hooked. It may be weird but it's working for me so I'm not going to shy away from it! 

Cheers to day 3 coming up! 

11 Comments
Iwannalife

Good for you! keep your quit on! ole nic can't sly his way back in you are wise to his tricks. congrats on one more day.

LouiseR

The nicotine is almost out of your system.  Don't beat yourself up for past mistakes.  Make this your forever quit and stick with it.  You are so right that a crave sure won't kill you but smoking will.  Come here every day and read and blog!

sparky26

You can do it .

joyeuxencore

Embrace those craves!

Say to yourself  how exciting!!! I GET TO RE-LEARN HOW TO...DRIVE TO WORK...LEAVE THE GROCERY STORE...HAVE A BREAK...CLEAN MY HOUSE.. HAVE A TOUGH DAY AT WORK…without a cigarette...eventually I actually believed it was exciting and GOT EXCITED about re-learning how to live without the nasty things...I'm still excited...be excited...you've made a choice...

Congratulations on taking your life back…xo

YoungAtHeart

Be sure to think about a few distracting activities in case a big one catches you off guard. These might include slow, deep breaths; a quick walk; breathing the cold air from a freezer, letting ice cubes melt in your  mouth.

And - don't look back.  You aren't going that way!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

if you hadn't reset your date, you would have paid no price. That lets you think you can get away with it every once in awhile.

Plus to be honest, people who don't reset lose my trust because I know they are playing head games with their quit.

The Price was paid.

Good for you!

Move on

JonesCarpeDiem

Time is the healer.

If the going gets rough, take my 130 day challenge.

selmccal

I am totally taking the 130 day challenge! September 6th will be my date WHEN I make it through. I figured I can go somewhere fun for Labor Day with all the money I saved and celebrate my upcoming 130 day! I know that's far off but I just keep thinking of good that will feel so I'm keeping that in mind. 

🙂 

JonesCarpeDiem

There you go.

bonniebee

When I had the smoke dream the other night I was so upset about losing my quit date ! it is a great motivator to keep ones quit........  NOPE !!! Thanks for your honesty !

I used to be afraid of the feeling one gets with a crave I thought it would get worse and worse but it doesn't it levels off .

Congrats to you for getting right back to quitting !

Strudel

Great job - congrats! Use what works for you - nothing wrong with that! You are doing this!