cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2 - Almost past!

selmccal
0 11 22

As a member of this site informed me that my quit day starts the minute I take my last puff then I am ONE HOUR from passing day 2. Day 3 was when I faltered last time however, I will not falter this time. I do not want to reset I want to get my first week out the door. It should have already been my first week so I am kicking myself that I made the smoking choice and had to reset! Monday would have been 7 days, it's frustrating enough to keep me away from smoking. 

Today has been alright. I've had a lot of distractions and it just seems like I'm sort of going into each craving saying, you will not die from this feeling you will simply be uncomfortable for a few minutes, get over it. That is what I keep telling myself. I think before I was scared of the feeling of being on edge for so long because I know I need to be patient to truly feel the effects of no smoking. With that said, I'm no longer scared, I'm simply mad that I have let myself go back to smoking when I can easily overcome this feeling and get back to a life without cigs. 

I think this quit is much different for me because it seems to be fueled by anger at the tobacco and nicotine rather than a want for it. I'm irrationally blaming the cancer stick I have become so accustomed to but what's odd is the blame game is helping me. Instead of blaming myself so much for being too weak to quit, I'm blaming an item for weasling it's way into my body and keeping me hooked. It may be weird but it's working for me so I'm not going to shy away from it! 

Cheers to day 3 coming up! 

11 Comments