cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2 (41 hours in)

SaraCatkins
6 11 287

Hello all! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself here. I'm currently on day 2 of quitting again. I once had a nearly 9-year quit and never thought I would smoke again. It took me 1.5 years to quit again that time. I stayed quit for nearly 2 years. Then, last November, I started AGAIN. I've tried numerous times to quit since November, but most only lasted a day or two, maybe a week once. I have been putting myself through the hell of withdrawal almost every single week for months now--kind of ridiculous. I hope I make this the last time I ever have to go through these physical withdrawal feelings! I figured I would sign up here because on my first, very long quit, I used the old FFS message board program and found it super helpful to have that support and accountability.

The last few months, I was smoking more than ever (a pack or more) and was starting to wheeze and felt like complete crap every morning when I woke up--total exhaustion as if I hadn't slept at all, and felt crappy and tired throughout each day, chronic cough, got tired of smelling like an ashtray, not having any energy, etc. I felt like I was dying, just felt absolutely awful and I would sit and chainsmoke most of the day and night. My anxiety was bad as well.

Today, on day 2, I woke up feeling calmer and more rested than I have in months! Yesterday was a little rough and I felt pretty out of it, but I exercised, drank tons of water and cranberry juice, did lots of reading on here and whyquit.com, relaxed with a bath, kept busy and tried not to bite anyone's head off at work, ha... Trying to do the same today. Trying to take it one day at a time. Thanks for reading.

11 Comments
About the Author
38 year old female. Animal lover and love to be outside in the woods. I quit when I was only 25 and stayed quit for nearly 9 years. Had another nearly 2-year quit in 2020-21. Ive been back to smoking for about 5 months but was smoking heavier than ever and felt absolutely horrible physically and mentally. I want to make this my final quit. I remember being smokefree during my 9-year quit and eventually not missing it at all and loving being a nonsmoker. During that time, I became a runner and was very into fitness. I haven't done much of that for years, but would love to get back to it. I want to be able to be active and healthy as I age.