0 12 155

Propagate to accumulate - part II

...and to not belittle any living thing - just to remind you:

Male.

43 years old

Smoked

32 years.

Not as much as some. Granted.

Enough though, to become fully hooked, ripped from the water and had my dumb belly tickled by big tobacco til my teeth nearly fell out of their bone sockets.

More, than Bryan Lee Curtis, though. I've just googled 'Brian's story', or 'Brian's story smoking' to get the poor guys full proper name. I saw the picture again.

My empathy is off the chart, Immeasurable. Any long term smoker will look and look away - it's called survivor guilt.

I've worked on the chain gang, y'know?

Thought I was a no hoper, a 'That's me-er', a subscription for death.

Then.

I did a full cleanse. Found a fantastic way of stopping smoking;

Stop eveything else, same time.

Trust me:

Stop sugar, caffeine and alcohol alone and you'll wonder what the hell nicotine was again. On top of that? One of those fruit and veg juice blending diets - which I've done for the past three days...

Second night I was kept awake by the feeling of someone sawing through my lower back. These are apparently the toxins in your system, scanning your old self, that horrible, wretching, grinding feeling in your pelvis? It's you - cleaning you out.

When you're juicing, you're automatically cutting out anything processed, so your whole system gets a flush as well as having to go like a racehorse - every 25 minutes. (2 litres of water!)

I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else, incase I've described it too badly, there'll be differing degrees of pain I'm sure - (hey... I'm a p-r-etty toxic guy!), but by the time you realise just how beautifully sweet fruit and vegetable juices are (particularly when blended) and that sugar actually tastes like a processed copy, a drug. The time you realise that actually, you don't really need red wine daily(!) - or that - WOW - JUST HOW MUCH was caffeine keeping me dancing to it's own rhythm... You're like:

Nico - what?

Who?

Serious... The withdrawal you'll feel, is caffeine, mainly...

And cigarette smokers start to look like walking chimneys again.

This morning, on my walk, I turn a right to the road leading to the park. It's the same view, every day - woman's arm poking out from some London brickwork, pushed out into the cold morning, the cigarette burned down to the pinched, blackened filter, the same mugged expression.

Modern day slavery.

12 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You, sir, must be a glutton for punishment!  You cut EVERYTHING evil out of your diet at once???  Really?

I salute you, for you are a better person that I!

Nancy

Brenda_M

Gosh, I love your writing style.

Interesting idea to cut out everything...don't think I could have, since I have been woefully luckless in quitting diet pop (I know, "luck" has nothing to do with it--I guess I just really don't wanna!). Anyway, I'm really proud (jealous?) of you. 😃

promise_judy

I did the same thing when I quit, I quit smoking, drinking coffee and any caffeine, SUGAR, and processed foods. I couldn't do the juice, fruit and veggie thing, because the doctor told me not too. Instead I changed my diet completely--I am so glad I did because I didn't really have any withdrawals ever. I did notice the big thing was to change how I thought about nicotine and this website helped me with that. Now after 202 days I just don't think about smoking the same way. I read everything I could about nicotine addiction, sugar addiction, caffeine addiction, diets, and started daily meditation. If I compare my lifestyle for now to where I was a year ago, I know I was killing myself. Now I am so glad I stopped using all those excuses for why I couldn't change.

newlife5

you know its really hard when you work at mcdonalds...i have tried over and over to do just what you described.. but couldnt accomplish it...i forget to take my lunch or something always happens and i have to get that cheeseburger... if you know what i mean!!!...oh welll keep us posted..

izzy day 146

Patty-cake

Hi pero,

I don't have the discipline that you have.

I've reduced caffiene and making efforts to eliminate. I'm working hard at reducing sugar to a respectable amount. I've never tried to do a complete cleanse, not sure that I even want to.

I do agree 100% with you about working toward living a healthier lifestyle makes us realize what we're capable of.

When we took back control of our lives from nicotine addiction, so many more good things followed.

stonecipher

You are an inspiration. 

And, I agree with Brenda--love your writing style.  I am always glad when I see you've posted. 

I can't argue with any of your reasoning about cutting out the other poisons.  I wish I had your conviction (one day. . .)

cory-3-10-13

Duuuuude...are you a super hero or something? Congratulations on jumping into this healthy thing with both feet! I renewed my love of caffeine after quitting cigarettes, since I could actually FEEL the caffeine once I quit smoking. Its my new drug of choice...but maybe someday I will join you on the caffeine free train...have a great day Pero, thanks for sharing and for making me jealous of your EXtra healthy lifestyle!♥Way to go!

pero-the-vuk

Wow! Thanks for the compliments. 🙂

Okay, seriously, how best descibe the caffeine? Along with drinking two litres of water a day? Your whole complexion will change, from that of a smoky drier look, to that of colour (like your suntan returns very mysteriously), of vitality in the eyes, your skin feels different, it glows a bit! You will not lose any marks or lines but those marks and lines look more healthy... more 'plump' in a way. Any male marketed face/skin creams come nowhere near to the immediate difference just by what I'm putting in. About 2 days... It's that quick.

More importantly, maybe if you're on schedules every morning, or feel like you have to get up, like it's an effort? It's not. So not.

Take out the caffeine, your real bodyclock comes into play, it feels naturally like it's in tune with the sun going down and up again... First night? I was yawning, half napping on the sofa by 10.20pm. I woke, somewhere around sunrise, 6.15am, fresh as... No bad moods, no "Eurgh... gimme 20" no nothing. You just - wake. It's actually quite nice. You just lie there, feeling alright.

It's like you've been awake already.

I cannot say, but I imagine it'd be easier (and more enjoyable) if you've got kids hanging off your legs wanting stuff!

I'm calmer, all day too. More reasonable.

More positive.

I got not one, but two lovely smiles this morning, I must be giving something off!

As Brian Wilson wrote:

'I'm picking up good vibrations' (!)

cheyenne7

I too always look forward to your post....your writing style is so pleasurable to read...

In my past quits, (I love Pepsi)...my desire for soda would fall drastically....but this time, it has taken awhile....I just noticed in the last 3 days my consumption has decreased to bare minimum....awarding me with the headache that comes with this caffeine decline ;o

I ordered the nutribullet (it was buy one, get one free...wow), today when I got home, there it was on my steps....I'm so excited to get this started, use to juice yrs ago. 

Question:  Is your diet strictly juicing//blending?  Nothing else for now...I mean that definitely would be a cleansing...for how long will you do this?

Very curious....I think it is fantastic how serious you are taking your health, your benefits will be off the charts....

Me, well I pee enough as it is....lol

pero-the-vuk

Morning Cheyenne,

I just tried to post an answer that took me about an hour to write out, then the bugger timed me out! So I'll try a recap of the highlights:

Okay... The juice cleansing diet I'm doing (with the lady!) is for only 3 days, that's just juicing only, plenty of water, a few fruits, like apples, bananas. Then you move onto more solids, incorporating a soup with your juice on day 4, and day 5 - last night for us, was salmon on a salad dish.

It's basically a body 're-boot'. Like a car, we keep the engine tweaked now and again, same thing.

If anyone has a soda addiction, or cannot think of a life without a can of something, then I'd highly recommend watching the film 'Sugar - the bitter truth' - it may well totally change your outlook on the fizzy drinks industry. I would certainly hope so, if you are, as you all evidently are sentient enough beings to be here in the first place.

Think I'm kidding? Have a watch...

Aaaand I'm pretty sure I mentioned - or actually - implored you to have a look at the film 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead'  - it's on Netflix. About a big Aussie guy who comes over to yours and does a really hardcore (I think) 60 day juice cleanse, along the way he meets a guy with the same auto immune disease which makes the skin blotchy.

They both shed half their bodyweight - and disease.

The results are so feelgood. You end up rooting for these guys like you knew them personally, it is very powerful stuff. What the world needs, innit?

It is extremely inspiring to watch people get out of trouble simply by employing their natural brain power, common sense and individuality alone. Know what i mean? I think most of this schtick is about educating people. Believe me, in terms of class, then I, myself come from about the lowest you can get here, proper working class, I'm sure a few would call me 'crazy' or whatever, but it doesn't matter, is what I'm saying...

Those juices are like drinking pure sunshine. No Coca Cola can comes even close to the natural sugars in fruit. it is heavenly.

I think it's all here, under our noses and not up there on big billboards...

Am starting to seriously believe that we humanoids (!) were only, really meant to dig from the earth or pick from the trees. I can get as much iron from eating Kale, than I can from eating an animal.

Simple!

Good day,

P 🙂

pero-the-vuk

Sorry! Forgot to say, in answer to the original question (my bad) - we're doing a 30 day cleanse. (Just the first 3 days with only juices).

cheyenne7

Thanks Pero....I'm off tomorrow, and I have a date with the nutribullet....this is all too exciting....

I've never been a huge animal eater....I would agree that we were not made for that, from the design of our teeth to our digestive system....meat wasn't meant to be such a large percentage of what we consume...

I wish you and your lady good luck and good health with your new undertaking....

I will definitely be reporting on whether or not my date with the nutribullet was fulfilling...lol