0 12 158

Propagate to accumulate - part II

...and to not belittle any living thing - just to remind you:

Male.

43 years old

Smoked

32 years.

Not as much as some. Granted.

Enough though, to become fully hooked, ripped from the water and had my dumb belly tickled by big tobacco til my teeth nearly fell out of their bone sockets.

More, than Bryan Lee Curtis, though. I've just googled 'Brian's story', or 'Brian's story smoking' to get the poor guys full proper name. I saw the picture again.

My empathy is off the chart, Immeasurable. Any long term smoker will look and look away - it's called survivor guilt.

I've worked on the chain gang, y'know?

Thought I was a no hoper, a 'That's me-er', a subscription for death.

Then.

I did a full cleanse. Found a fantastic way of stopping smoking;

Stop eveything else, same time.

Trust me:

Stop sugar, caffeine and alcohol alone and you'll wonder what the hell nicotine was again. On top of that? One of those fruit and veg juice blending diets - which I've done for the past three days...

Second night I was kept awake by the feeling of someone sawing through my lower back. These are apparently the toxins in your system, scanning your old self, that horrible, wretching, grinding feeling in your pelvis? It's you - cleaning you out.

When you're juicing, you're automatically cutting out anything processed, so your whole system gets a flush as well as having to go like a racehorse - every 25 minutes. (2 litres of water!)

I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else, incase I've described it too badly, there'll be differing degrees of pain I'm sure - (hey... I'm a p-r-etty toxic guy!), but by the time you realise just how beautifully sweet fruit and vegetable juices are (particularly when blended) and that sugar actually tastes like a processed copy, a drug. The time you realise that actually, you don't really need red wine daily(!) - or that - WOW - JUST HOW MUCH was caffeine keeping me dancing to it's own rhythm... You're like:

Nico - what?

Who?

Serious... The withdrawal you'll feel, is caffeine, mainly...

And cigarette smokers start to look like walking chimneys again.

This morning, on my walk, I turn a right to the road leading to the park. It's the same view, every day - woman's arm poking out from some London brickwork, pushed out into the cold morning, the cigarette burned down to the pinched, blackened filter, the same mugged expression.

Modern day slavery.

12 Comments