cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 180 - and really proud

Icandothis8
0 9 82

So - here I sit on day 180 and write to you all and say first and foremost THANK YOU - your support, from strangers has been completely overwhelming - you helped me succeed and keep me honest every day!  I may not know your name, but when an ugly "trigger" rears it's head you have always been there.

So - for those of you in the journey - take it day by day - it is an addiction that you have to overcome - the side effects of quitting do last but get easier!  I now smell smoke from a distance and am like - ewhhh what the heck is that - and then realize someone is stuck where I was 180 days ago.  I see myself looking at younger people silently screaming to them "QUIT NOW - YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF" but they won't hear me - as we all know - we must reach our own "bottom" in order to succeed.

I am so proud of me tonight -I am beginning a summer vacation - something I have not experienced in many many years -and the first one since I quit - but I give thanks because I won't be worrying about smoking this time.  I went to a party last weekend, and OUT DANCED everyone on the floor - because I can breath through it - so dig deep peeps - it is so worth the journey and the good health life is great - YOU CAN DO IT!  

Peace & Much loves to you all - strangers who are always in my heart - who I love like my family because whenever I was weak, or write a post - you respond and I know you are pulling for me!  

DAY 180 I Celebrate EX'ers everywhere!  

9 Comments