cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 17 for 70 year old EXsmoker of 55 years

nolasmallwood
0 13 236

Some of you have asked how I got to this place of having only slight twinges when I am usually smoking.  Like many of you I have tried and failed many times.  The difference this time is my attitude.  Before I was "giving up smoking".  This time I am not giving up anything.  I am getting rid of a habit I hate!  I am getting rid of the stinky smell on me and in my house.  I am getting rid of standing outside in freezing weather at parties.  I am getting rid of holes burned in furniture and ashes on carpet.  Last but not least, I am getting rid of chronic bronchitis and asthmatic bronchitis turning to emphesema.  I don't want to drag around an oxygen tank.  I don't want a cancer diagnosis to make me quit.  I don't want to hurry family out of my house so I can smoke in comfort.   

The difference this time is I am gaining everything and losing nothing.   Another difference is I post the day number daily on facebook for all my family and friends and everyone at work knows what day I am on.  After I hit one month, I will post monthly.  Believe me, everyone is watching and I know it and love that they all care I stick with my quit.  Most of all, I care.

A

13 Comments
MistyNoMore

Wow.  Congratulations 🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

woo hoo!!!

lindan_7-14-10

joyeuxencore

Nola reading this warms my heart and gives me cozy fuzzies all over! Good for you friend! I felt the same way at day 17 and am 3 weeks away from a year quit...xo

Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for you!  I Quit at age 62 after 45 years and that attitude worked for me.  It is great that you are posting your days Quit on FB.  I told the world and they helped me be accountable to myself.  

YoungAtHeart

WOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

for you!

Nancy

lois2

you got that right. NOPE

wishingstar

GRATS

wishingstar

GREAT WAY TOLOOK IT, MIND IF II BARROW TORE READ

marilyn_marmac

Great  Quit attitude!

Strudel

Nola - This attitude is exactly what worked for me! We gave up nothing!! (I smoked for 40 years.) You are incredible!! 

tinkerbell23
Way to go congrats to you
kathy_ryz

That thought works for me also!