cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 17 WOW

flaroyale
0 5 33

Well here I am at day 17.  Have an extremely sore throat which I did some research on and I guess from what I am reading the tissue in my throat is regenerating which is causing the soreness. Similar to a baby cutting teeth.  I am also haveing really bad acid reflux which I had before but now it doesn't matter what I eat it is there. Guess that is normal too.

On a good note,  I am a Rodan + Fields skin care consultant and my skin has looked good since using it but now that I am not smoking I can tell it is working even better. Wrinkles that I thought would never go away are now fading and seem to be going away.  I am amazed at that.  

I am still haveing bouts with at times feeling like I am not breathing correctly or not being able to get enough air, but after doing some more reading I guess that is normal too. 

http://hubpages.com/health/What-happens-to-your-body-when-you-quit-smoking-with-cold-turkey--Chantix...  

I was on the above web page and it was very enlighting as to what I am going through. why and what is to come. 

Thanks to all of you for your support and comments. I appreciate each and every one of you. 

5 Comments
christine_s

Glad to see you are sticking with it...: )

TerrieQuit

Tammy you are doing a great job with your quit! Congratulations on 17 days free! I am glad to hear that you are reading and finding out what is happening to you body! Nice article too! Way to rock your quit! Have a great night!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Eric_L.

Yeah I had heartburn for a minute.

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations on your fabulous 17 days of freedom! You're doing awesome on your quit you should be soooo PROUD of yourself! WTG
elvan

Congratulations on your 17 days of freedom.  I think the things you are talking about are very temporary and you will see and feel improvement as time passes.  Stick with it and keep stacking those days!