cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 17............ POOF.

kris54
0 5 1

YAWN.  Yep......... thats me.  But its ok.  We had company tonight.  I had one glass of wine..... no cravings to speak of.  Husband's cigar smoke kept getting in my face.......  cigar smoking is "OK" because  HE doesnt inhale, you see.   :::::::rolling eyes::::::: .  What ever.  I dont think anyone who smokes... needs to be told its bad for them.  They know it.  I know it.  Husband quit smoking 12 years ago and has never smoked a cigarette since.  How he smokes cigars..... and thats it... who knows.  I just know I can't.  I am putting day 17 to rest.  Its been a good day... a thoughtful day.  Everytime I felt a craving... I inhaled deeply and held it for a few seconds..... then exhaled.  I thought to myself how good it felt to breathe like that and feel the calming effect.

Now that the 'panic' of not smoking is gone.... I can actually take time to think about what I am feeling. I am seeing things clearly and I am finding that facing my feelings about smoking head on is working for me.  Everyday.... for the rest of my life...... I will have gratitude that I was able to quit smoking..... With a little determination... and a lot of help from my friends here.  Gratitude for all of you also.  Everyday.  For the rest of my life.  ♥

5 Comments