cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 16 woohoo!

michellemarks71
0 5 21

Can't believe it's already day 16 smoke free! My hardest trigger is being stressed out.  I feel like it takes alot longer for my urges to pass and sometimes I still get so emotional.  Is this normal?  

5 Comments
dpop
Yep! Please feel free to read my drama diary! Up and down....it has gotten better! Hang in there! Ps...congrats!
Strudel

Yes, all feelings are normal. However, I will tell you that one of the great discoveries of my quit - smoking does not relief stress! Just the opposite - being caught up in this addiction - causes stress! So, hang on - it will get better and you will relearn how to live life without cigarettes. Stay close! Congrats to you! 

SimplySheri

I don't really believe in "normal" 🙂  It is what it is.  Focus on the positives.  Focus on life and let the smoking become just a memory.  You are doing great!!!

lorilincoln

I really really get this! Stress is the only thing that I haven't been able to get through without craving a cigarette. Actually, Allen Carr says they are not cravings they are memories, disguised as cravings. Let's do this together. It's been since January 26, except one bad day where I found a cigarette and smoked a few puffs.. ( a few weeks ago- and it was soooo bad tasting!)  I am going to get to Yoga classes

elvan

It is VERY normal.  Cigarettes were your anesthesia for dealing with difficult situations. Now, we ALL get to learn how to deal with our emotions without "medicating" ourselves!

Allen Carr is right about that memory thing!