cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 16 not smoking-Does that mean 15 days since I quit?

ginger34
0 7 43

Hey Everybody- Still staying strong, not smoking. I have been keeping busy. I have been shopping with the kids for the last 3 days with the kids for back to school. God that is so expensive 🙂 I have been experiencing less cravings which is a good thing. Some days are harder than others but in general it is getting easier. I don't immeadiately think well after work I smoke a cigarette which is great. Still having trouble sleeping. I think I am going to cut the Chantix down to one pill in the morning, I take .5.As I may or may not have mentioned previously I definately feel that it helped me the first week as this first week was easier than my past attempts cold turkey. Yet I still get cravings sometimes but not as much, I believe I am definately doing more work than the pill at this point, I sometimes wonder if it's now working as a placebo 🙂 If you read my posts from last week you can definately see that I was having cravings hardcore. So I continue to carry on as a non smoker and it's great. So anyways so can anyone help with with my question above? Is it 15 days since I have quit or 16 days? Hmmm. Have a great smoke free night 🙂

7 Comments
Patty-cake

That's what it sounds like. What was your quit date?

stonecipher

I count the day I quit.  Because I quit the night before, I get to count that whole first day. I think you should go with 16 days--who is going to argue with you????

bulldog316

OOOOH I will Stone!! Just kidding.....

I quit at noon on my quit day.  I just follow what the app on my phone says.....  Look at it like this will it matter when it is day 4000 or day 4001?  The importance is that you quit and stay quit.  Stay strong! 

KatherineF

I think you would say 15 days smoke free and on your 16th day smoke free.

Ex_Nancy

It's great news that you've forgotten, so far because it means you're doing VERY WELL so far. Anyway, you quit the morning of Aug. 9th...that makes 16 full days and you have begun DAY 17 now!!! YAY...protect that beautiful quit !!! ♥

ginger34

🙂 It's like a riddle right. So technically I smoked my last sickorette on August 8th. Woke up on the 9th and did not smoke. I coulld not have smoked a ciagarette at noon and went the whole day without one. Think that had something to do with Carr's book, stating that you are already going through slight withdrwls when you sleep but you can make it, it's pychological more than anything. Remember I was a chain smoker, not just a smoker. Anyways yes the important part is that I quit.

patricia5

your doing great.