cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 16 and still smokefree!

lisa-denise-ely
0 3 15

Today has been a wonderful day!  I slept in this morning, right through my morning craving.  I had pretty good blood sugars today, so i made cherry vanilla pancakes for dinner tonight for a change.  You know how i love to cook and my husband loves when i cook too!

I have been trying to cheer up Carlton, my hubby, because he has been so down lately.  So, i made the cherry vanilla pancakes at his request.  Then i helped him look for some stamps he misplaced- Carlton is a stamp collector.

I have not had any bad cravings today and i have not had to have many nicotine lozenges today.  I am quite happy because i have made it this far in my quit......before i quit, i didn't think i would have it in me to try to quit again, but my heart said to give it one more chance.  I am glad that i did!  I just wanna celabrate day 16!  My quit day is 10-08-12, and i have been quit 16 days and 15 hours and 22 minutes.  I have saved $29.16 so far, i have had 13,699 smokefree breaths since i quit, and i have earned 14.2 hours of free time so far!  It has gotten easier lately and i just stay busy unless i am resting from all the chores and whatnot.  I hope that my hubby quits one day too, because he is so congested in his chest from the smoking and i know that he feels sick too. 

I drank lots of water and other fluids today and all that water and exercise brought my blood sugar down to a normal number.  It helps with my quit to have my blood sugars on target and to keep drinking the water.  I just gotta learn to stop worrying about everything!  I think that tomorrow i am just going to do some things to relax, maybe take a bubble bath, and read for a while, and YES turn the tv off! 

What kinds of things do you do to relax?  I hope that you all are having some down time and that you all can just RELAX........

Well, have a good night or a good morning, whenever you stop by to read this, and just know that I care about you Friends and i have you all in my prayers.

Love your Friend,

Lisa

3 Comments