cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 16 and I'm moving right along

djmurray
0 12 27

I am writing earlier today because tomorrow is my birthday and I'm having a party tonight, so it may not be possible for me to log in later.  Almost everyone who is coming to the party is a smoker, and they will be smoking on the balcony of my condo.  I have absolutely no trepidation about it because I haven't even had many craves over the last few days.  I will have my quit protection alerts going, and I know that I won't smoke.  As well as this has been going (since Day 8 at least) I certainly wouldn't want to have to do it again!! 

12 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Happy Birthday and have fun!  But please be careful!

Summer-Rain

Happy Birthday.  Enjoy yourself and you will be fine.

doxiemama

So proud of you, Have a wonderful birthday. So funny my birthday is tomorrow also. Capicorns, no wonder I get along with you so well. You really are a trooper, and you are doing an amazing job at this! Feel sorry for them out there tonight, because Like me they,re ( not for long though) still smoking. Stand inside and be so proud of yourself, and....they are going to smell, you will not. I hope you have the best night, and what a great birthday present you gave yourself not smoking. Sending you lots of hugs for tonight. Stay strong, and Happy Birthday!

JonesCarpeDiem

Some vicks placed beneath your nose is a good distraction and quit reminder when you are around smokers.

JonesCarpeDiem

Happy Birthday!!!

hampton

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I have been put in with smoker's these last few days and It actually seems to help me in my quit. ITS NASTY!!!! Have fun. You're gifts will be envying you my friend...

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Happy Birthday!! Watch your back, please!

Jackie

432 dof

j_tanner

Happy birthday! Please be very careful!

elvan

Happy Birthday, have a wonderful time and DO take care of yourself AND you quit, DJ!

Strudel

Happy birthday! Keep protecting your beautiful quit! Congrats!!

Barbara145

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

djmurray

Hi, all -- thanks for the good wishes.  I am checking in while everyone else is out on the balcony smoking.  I'm fine, really.  I do not want to smoke,  We're having fun, and I have room for everyone to do their own thing.