cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 16!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it is not easy!

chris148
0 2 2

Yes - 2 weeks + ! I really don't know where the time has went to.  I will say that I am discovering some things triggering my cravings that I never thought of before.  Yesterday I was cleaning and there were so many times I wanted a puff - that I had to figure it out.  I know that before when I would do stuff around the house I would take breaks and have a quick cigarette - but yesterday was a very strong - again.  Then it sort of hit me - Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to work every Saturday for years because of my former job; however I am laid off for over a year - and Saturdays were just another day for me in the week until I started school.  Then Saturdays were a welcome reprieve from a daily routine - with more time to spare - sometimes too much time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You know the deal - do stuff - take a break - have a smoke - do more stuff - have a smoke or smoke while you are doing it..........

Ah....... those sneaky triggers!

Well, I got through it all - and now it is a new day. 

8 years ago when I left my husband, my daughter posted a mantra for me to say everyday on my frig.  It is still there - but now I look at it with new meaning. It says " ....Everyday in everyway, I am getting stronger!..."

Have a good day everyone  - 🙂 God Bless you!

2 Comments