cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 14 not too bad

Mrbchbex
3 5 165

So, I have made it to the two weeks quit point.  Humbly I say I am proud of myself.  It was not as difficult as it looked like it would be.  I am stayi g busy with new projects such as baking healthy cookies and re-studying Spanish.  I have taken quite a lot of live free virtual tours on HeyGo.com   The lozenges help when I am driving or after meals.  I found that they can be used while I drink coffee. It was nice yesterday to interact with visiting family instead of hiding on the other side of the house as the only smoker.  

Mark

5 Comments
About the Author
Mark here, age 62, started smoking at age 13 but I remember “candy cigarettes” from childhood and rolling up paper (coloring the end red) to look like a cigarette on the playground in fifth grade. Regularly smoked with friends from another high school and then it became a simple habit to acquire in that I had money from my job and there was no real carding in the 70’s. The three of us had a mobile music system and played at many local schools. Disco was the thing at the time but we still played half hard rock so it worked out well for us. Tried a couple times to stop in my 20’s and 30’s. When I was around 30 I had sessions with an addiction Hypnotherapist who planted the suggestion that I take five deep long breaths instead of smoking, this worked for 6 months but I started hanging around with smokers. I am making those five breaths a part of my tool kit. I live with family in California on their small hobby farm with six pet/backpacking goats. No one else in the house smokes and with fire always a threat a clear nose for smoke can save our lives. I ordered used copies of my college Spanish texts as something constructive to do and am studying for my Ham radio license. I have seen and done some amazing things and will continue this blog as time goes on.