cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 14 -- Two Weeks! Wah Hoo!!

djmurray
0 11 24

I'm celebrating!!  That first week went by really, really slowly and I am thrilled that I've reached the two-week point.  I was such an enthusiastic smoker, I often said "I love to smoke and I will never quit."  How's that for drinking the Kool-Aid!!  I have had every psychological connection to smoking there is.  And every other time I quit I felt deprived and secretly whined that I couldn't enjoy smoking like everyone else could.  I have learned SO MUCH.

There is such JOY in being free of this addiction.  I know I will always have that little voice trying to end the break up, but I loved what I learned today -- kick it to the curb.  Don't battle it.  Don't give in to it.  Just "I don't do that any more" and move on.  And of course, the bottom line is N.O.P.E.

I know I only have two weeks under my belt, but I really hope I can help the many people who are quitting today or soon know that there really is joy in quitting if you have your head in the right place.  I credit reading the Allen Carr book for starting it and this wonderful site for sustaining it.  It isn't always easy, and sometimes it's really hard, but OMG it is SO worth it!

11 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job!

Barbara145

With that positive attitude, I believe you are going to see this thing through!  You are doing great!!  Congratulations on 2  weeks!!      

Summer-Rain

(((((APPLAUSE)))))  you are doing great.

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, DJ.  Two weeks is wonderful.  You have been and continue to be a wonderful addition to this site and to this journey we are all on!

Giulia

Your support voice on here is wonderful - even if you only have two weeks under your belt.  Those two weeks are hard fought for, as all of us know who have gone through them. 

I too was one who said "I love to smoke and will never quit."  But I did quit and I stayed quit.  Because, for one, I learned that the "I love to smoke" was only based on an addiction, not the truth of it.  The truth of it is that when you take that first puff after being smoke-free for as few as 2 or 3 days - it makes you dizzy.  The "fantasy" that you have about it dissolves with that puff.  Smoking feeds your addiction - nothing more.  Stay true!

j_tanner

Congrats on two weeks!

meWisconsin

2 weeks is a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

hampton

You are doing this!!! You are exactly right. Enjoy every minute of your success.:)

hampton

You are doing this!!! You are exactly right. Enjoy every minute of your success.:)

annb
Yay!!!!!!! Congrats on getting thru H & H weeks! Only? Two weeks! Hah! They are huge two weeks! Good job. So glad to have you here!!
Strudel

Congrats on two weeks! Like Giulia, I know you are already helping others with your blogs and great attitude! You are doing great!