cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 14: The days keep coming

whooonk
0 8 13

Weekend was pretty tough. Actually thanks to my wife I didn't blow it. We went out and I stopped at a convenience store to get something and there was a pack of smokes sitting right next to the cashier. Well I bummed one from him like an idiot with the full intentions of smoking it. When the wife and I got home I told her about it and she was expectantly angry about it. She demanded I give it to her and she destroyed it. I was pretty angry that she wouldn't let me smoke it but that was my addiction talking. I pouted about it like a little kid for a while and then got over it and a couple hours later thanked her for helping me and saving my quit. I was very grateful to her for making sure I didn't mess it up. That was Friday and the rest of the weekend has been pretty tough. The same nonsense. I am still sticking with it but pretty tired of it. I know it's a long process and worth it but you know at some point you get kinda tired of it. The persistence of the cravings this week have been pretty annoying and it certainly gets old. I think part of me stupidly wants to smoke just to end the annoying cravings. They are not even really horrible, they are just always there. And they are not the ones that really make me fear leaving the house for fear of buying smokes, they are soooo annoying and persistent. I am stick of it and want to stick with it to beat it and never have to do it again. Some of my motivation comes from just being done with it. The days keep clicking over so I guess it's all good.

8 Comments