cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 139- a good but slow Sunday

lisa-denise-ely
0 8 1

I am having a good Sunday so far but i am kinda bored- tv is boring and so i decided to blog.  

I am concerned about my aunt who smokes.  Her lungs hurt so bad that when she does smoke, she can only take 1 or 2 puffs and then she puts it out.  She says that she wants to quit but that she just can't....i told her to quit now, on her own, before God makes her quit (no one will like that, believe me!).  I told her that it is never too late to quit, but to do it soon because she could stay sick and her lungs would hurt more and more. I can't seem to get her to quit; that stubborness is inherited in her family.  All i can do is pray and keep telling her about all the benifits of quitting that i have experienced myself.  She lives in a house full of smokers and i guess she just said, If you can't beat'em, join'em.....she didn't always smoke either, she just started back about 7 years ago, after being quit for a long time before that.  

Anyway, if you have any advice or comments on what else i can do for my aunt, please let me know, Friends.  I appreciate all the advice and wisdom from the community, here on the Ex.

--Lisa

8 Comments