cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 13 - holy s#@t! I'm a non-smoker!

liz15
0 2 16
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and healing your bodies like I am! - or at least seriously thinking of quitting...that's good too! I am on day 13 with not even a puff of a cigarette. I'm still using the cinnamon Nicorette and it's definitely helping a lot! I'm really only using about 5 pieces a day (9 is recommended). I have definitely has some sneaky cravings that really do come out of nowhere! However, it feels really nice to say that I have not smoked in this time...I really did start treating it as sort of a competition with myself to see if I really could use my will power in this. I was extremely ready to quit which I think is important in all of this. Every time I even think about ruining this for myself, I just think about how far I've come and I don't want to go back to the beginning. I am starting to enjoy things the same way as I did before, only without the cigarettes...I can't say I don't want one sometimes, but when that happens and I get a craving, I just ask myself why it's happening and can usually move past it pretty quickly. I have had a few sneaky coughing fits too - I had one this morning and it is definitely just another reminder of what cigarettes do to your body and it takes a while for your lungs to heal (as much as they're going to).

Another thing that keeps me going is knowing that if I slipped, I would have to come to terms with it and be honest and admit it to all of you on here. Not that anyone would judge me or anything...it happens to the best of us...but, this website is definitely helping by encouraging me to be strong for all of you! I know that I really look up to all of the members on here who can say that they're on day 58, or 98, or 320!

To all of you thinking of quitting or are just in your first few days...it DOES get better and better. Having a positive attitude really does help a ton...I know it's hard to be positive in the beginning because you feel like something is being taken away from you that you love, etc...whatever emotions may come up. However, the whole time you just have to realize why you are making the decision to quit! You are making the decision to quit to rid your body of the horrible toxic chemicals and to live a longer, happier life!

Good luck to everyone. Let me know how you are all doing!
2 Comments