cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 13- Great Day and now Having a craving, I appreciate all advice even if it hurts my feelings!!!

ginger34
0 17 94

So I had a good day shopping with the girls. Had to go to a deposistion for my daughter who got hit by a car last year and had her pelvis broken, it was dreadful, I don't want to relive that time and the deposistion kind of made me. So I am stressed as hell and want to smoke and I am craving hardcore, got on here to read some blogs and guess I get alittle irritated right now so please forgive me. I want to smoke but I will not, I have made it far, tomorrow will be two freaking weeks. I want to cry, I am rocking back and forth, I am bitcxhing but I won't smoke, I guess I am just going to vent.So this group has been great, gives me good advice, sometimes it's nicely sometimes it's hard advice like don't smoke stupid it will kill you, well no one has said that on my blog yet but if they did I sure as hell wouldn't delete their comments cuz last time I checked this was a community of people with different ways of doing things, saying different things, etc. So I never did see these comments that were deleted, I will say that. But if Dale gets on here and sdays "Keep it simple stupid or go ahead and smoke if you wanna die ginger, sorry to see you are such a wimp" then hey good for freaking dale for telling me the truth, now if he called me a bitch it may be different, lol. Point being people are diffrent, different people react differently to different styles or whatever. Point being I don't come asking for help then blog treat me with kid gloves, it hurts my damn feelings and doesn't help me. BTW when I reallly Really want something I don't make excuses. Ok so I am all over the place here. Looks like another schizophrenic pyscho day for me lol but you you know what I made it through that craving. Thank you for being there everybody and if I have offended anyone, well that's life. But truly I want people to be honest with me. Still smoke free, never politically correct 🙂

17 Comments
SarahP

Two freaking weeks!  Congrats, that's fantastic!  You've come too far to give up, you know that. You don't ever want to go through those first two weeks again. 

So go ahead -- rock back and forth, cry, yell, throw something. It's okay. We can take it. 

Do you really need to hear it? Okay -- don't smoke stupid it will kill you! 

Sorry about your daughter, I hope she's doing okay, and I hope the legal issues all go in her favor. And remember, smoking or not smoking won't change any of it, right? 

Your quit is one of the positive things you have going right now -- something you can be proud of, something you can use to prop yourself up when you're feeling low. BE PROUD!  SHOUT IT!  YOU ARE SMOKE-FREE! 

JonesCarpeDiem

yep. a few deletions today.

people don't want to take responsibility for themselves.

they think we want to hear about all the things that didn't work for them or something that "almost worked"

they want to tell us they are smoking from a pack "but next time".

yeah right.

why do we want to hear this?

Ex_Nancy

Okay, let's snap you out of it then...the best thing is distraction and humor...that's what gets everyone thru this whole process...check out this photo and PROMISE not to laugh...I'll be back with another one....xoxo      img alt="" src="" />

JonesCarpeDiem

I know you are going to make it ginger because you take good advice

Ex_Nancy

You'll make  it...just stay stubborn and truthfull to yourself... Stubborn is GOOD. Smoking never did anything for you and it never will.....in only 14 months here I have seen a LOT of people that left when they were healthy AND came back with COPD...I'm just saying...img alt="" src="" />     

ginger34

LOL Nancy funny, I did need that. But you know what after venting on here, lol, I felt better.Dysfunctional yes but at least I can own that! I just get frustrated when people make excuses, believe me I really really wanted one, or thought I did or I don't know what I was thinking (addict houghts) but I knew it was just excuses in my mind, like Sarah said it wasn't going to change the situation if I smoked, it just won't, I will just be inhaling fumes into my lungs and slowly killing myself and I know it won't be just one. I think this time around like Kris has stated before, I always knew I had an addiction but never saw myself as an addict.And now I see that 1 +1=2, I finally see it and I can't let myself smoke and I can not make excuses for myself even as I rock back and forth like some I don't know pychotic???? I finally would rather do that and blog and have people be like "oh Ginger I can't believe you blogged that", then to return to smoking. THANK YOU EVERYONE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!! And Dale yes it is about taking responsibility for ones actions and not making excuses, something I chase my children around saying all the time, of course it won't hit the younger ones until years later, afterall they are like their mother and will have to hear it one million times for it to sink in 🙂 I am sorry if I did hurt anyones feekings, not sorry in a way cuz I got it off my chest and made it through that craving. And point being which I guess I could have said in a nicer way???? You can learn something from everybody!!!!!!! And also don't come looking for help, then not listen to what I have to say because you don't like it and whine at me. NO EXCUSES!

Ex_Nancy

Remember, you will have 2 WEEKS tomorrow...DON'T listen to the voices of the addiction....stay HERE and tell us you're okay....♥      img alt="" src="" />  

Ex_Nancy

Use this link and put things in your cart all day...you don't have to pay for them and it's FUN...I'm CrAzY, NoT StUPiD....lol....when I quit I was around here for MONTHS, and haven't since....

Etsy...............

Here's a fun link for the 'taste test' on etsy.com. Etsy is a site with handmade and vintage items. The problem is that I don't like wading through a bunch of things to find the few shops and the handfull of items that I like.

This taste test has you pick 9 items you really love and it sorts through its site and creates a list of things that it thinks will be 'just your taste.' It sometimes takes a few tries to get a list you really love. If you don't see any items you want to click on, you can select "show more items" in order to have new things to pick when you are doing your taste test. If you aren't sure what the item is, you can scroll over the photo and it will tell you what department the item is from (i.e. jewelry, ceramics, vintage, art, etc). I liked my list so much I made an account to save it and now, just for fun, I pop on there every so often and add things to my account's 'favorites' list. I have something like 1,000 favorited items that are on my wish list now haha. But you gotta do what you gotta do in order to not smoke. I highly recommend it!

BAAAHAAAA! Guaranteed fun.

http://www.etsy.com/tastetest

Patty-cake

You are so strong Ginger. Your convictions will protect you. Great blog!

TheNewMe_Jo

brookeanne

Keep yourself occupied, drink lots of water, stay close to the site. That and dedication is what got me to day 315.

Keep it up, you can do it! Remember, not one puff ever!

jojo_2-24-11

I never liked being politically correct either! Stay strong for you!

stonecipher

Yes, Ginger you are gonna make it.

And I hope you stay here because you are so much freaking fun! 🙂

Your ordeal today with your daughter's accident must have been tough, and you got through it.

Glad you came here to vent instead of giving in to the craving.  Bravo!

AnthonyAMorton

Congrats on day 13. Protect your quit no matter what.  N.O.P.E. Stay strong you can do this.

Mothergoose9

I've seen a lot of people come and go on this site and the ONE thing that makes the difference is being willing to listen to those who've been there and not take the true comments about addiction and make them personal.

Addicts listen to lies....only when they are willing to be brutally honest with themselves and others will they quit and STAY quit!!!!  You have got the makings of a stellar quitter, my friend!!!!  You've got to want FREEDOM more than a next smoke......and you have proven for two weeks that this is exactly where you're at!!!

I am so PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!  Go YOU!!!! 🙂

patricia5

congrats on two weeks.. 

now-is-the-time

I can't wait to get where you are.  My husband smokes so this is hard for me but he will be gone for two days, so I can get a strat going.  Day 1 and ready.  Keep on your smoke free life