cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 13 - Drenched in Fear

schwack
0 6 34

Don't let the title mislead you.  Over the past few smoke free days as I've walked, exercised, and tried to stay busy, I have found myself reflecting on what it's like to be on the other side- the side of the non-smoker.  I also have started to see more clearly how tobacco companies and the products they peddle have so many unfortunate people stuck in nicotine's grasp.   It made me think up a poem that I'd like to share with you all.  I've found it's helped me live life on this other smoke free side, perhaps it might help someone else:

Drenched in Fear

You won’t

Find a friendly face in this crowd

It’s quite amusing to see

how you suffer now

I refuse

To let you steal my daylight

Barely awake

But it strengthens my resolve inside

I’ve seen you kill

Many dreams

But I’ve got BRAND NEW ARMOR

And weapons all WAY OUT OF REACH

How does it feel to be extinguished?

Vaporized into thin air?

Strange new feeling

To. Be. Nothing.

All your victims I see

For them I feel pity  

All drenched in fear

And the death you bring

Make me bother

I dare you

I’ve got the strength I need

As I watch your darkest moment

When your paltry persuasion

Doesn’t GET TO ME

6 Comments
maureen15

GREAT poam, thanks for sharing it.  If you don't mind I'd like to copy this and keep it close by.

onelasttime

Good writing are you a writer or is this a new skill attained after quitting??Great to hear you are doing well.thank for sharing...Deb

Thomas3.20.2010

Excellent! You are gifted!  Thank you for sharing your art!

cari4

That was fantastic!!!!!  That made me feel so good that I quit.  I truly am going to do this!!!

miriam4

beautiful, just beautiful

tdonnelly

That's great! I am so glad you are doing this quit with such a positive attitude. Wow, has it already been 13 days? Time sure does fly when your breathing better!!