cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 124. SO done with my dad.

zackie09_51214
0 9 35

Today has been one of the harder days of my whole entire quit. Even though I'm 124 days into my quit the one thing that triggers me is acting up. That one thing would be my father. My computer that I had completely died today...so me and my mom had to go to Aarons (like Rent A Center) so we had to go fill out a application and I got a new computer. It's an Asus. The last one I had which I absolutely hated was a dell Inspirion. 

On another note I just found out that me my best friend and other bestie (Molly and Liz or as we call her mei or Key[i call liz that cuz she calls me duh] we are University Of Oregon duck fans is why) are going to go to the bar and mei is gonna pay. First time i have been able to go out in a while. Well im going to go on a walk and i will write more later tonight. i need to go for a walk and get some negative energy. Oh and my two besties dont smoke 😄

Zackie124DOF

9 Comments
Legend

It sucks when our computer craps out but it’s good you did not smoke over it.  I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Giulia

Watch yourself at that bar.  And PS -  I think you were done with your Dad quite a while ago.  But it's hard to let it all go.

zackie09_51214

yeah today was just the straw the broke the camels back. Nice thing about the bar is im not that social in public, and the people im going with are avid non-smokers. They were wanting me to quit for years. But I will remain strong with my quit and report how all goes. since the 3 of us haven't hung out in a long time

zackie 124DOF.

cookie804

Zackie I hope you have a great time with your friends, you deserve it. I know you will remain smoke free and just have loads of fun and forgot about your father.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

Brenda_M

Enjoy your night out!

Deena-A-Yenni

Good blog.  Thanks for sharing.  Hope your evening was uneventful in smoking that is!  Tee hee.

elvan

Hope you had a great time, glad you got the computer issue resolved.  Sorry about your dad, I don't know what to suggest that has not already been suggested.

I am really happy for you that you should be seeing the light coming from the exit of NML.

XO Ellen

YoungAtHeart

We're waiting to hear!  Hope you had fun last night (and didn't smoke!!!!)

Nancy

Newfound_Joy

Zackie, so glad you are getting out with friends and socializing.  Just remember, these urges you are having are quite normal as you approach the end of NML.  Keep using the tools that you have been using.  Never dwell on a craving.  Kick it to the curb in the gutter where it belongs!

I am so very sorry that you have major issues with your father.  I would try to look at it in the past tense "HAD" issues with your father.  Set your boundaries, if you don't like what's going on in the home situation, just take a walk.  I will be so glad when you and your mother can get out of there and live on your own.

In the mean time................BE YOUR OWN HERO!!

Congrats on your amazing 125 day Quit.  Cherish it above all else.