cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 12 .........

cheyenne7
0 11 9

I just keep on plugging along.....today was a 10 hour work day.....didn't expect that.....had craves, but like Wanda has mentioned, when I smell a smoker walk by -- it kills the crave....

My plan was to exercise thru this quit, to help make it more meaningful to me than the craves can be....I got one night of tennis in, then I got sick....

I was well enough to work, which just made me more sick...and I was not well enough to exercise......there went that plan......it kindof scared me......it set the stage for a perfect excuse to restart my quit at a "better time"..... I'm good at making excuses to smoke....so, I'm pretty proud that I maintained it....

Feeling better and I got to play tennis again.....liking it.....Oh, I use to be able to play, I really stink at the game now....lol

Hubs is helping line a softball field, so I am going to force myself to the gym....I must get up early tomorrow, another working weekend for me.....

Peace and I hope you all have a nice evening : )

11 Comments
lois2

those days will add up fast, hang in there, day 1 for me

YoungAtHeart

You can always just hit a tennis ball against a side wall on a court.  I stunk at the game, but did enjoy just hitting into the wall.  I got to almost all of those coming back at me!!!

Stay comimitted.  It will get easier and easier, I promise!

Nancy

edsel1964

Congrats on 12 days!!! I know what you mean a friend of mine at work is a heavy smoker and you can smell him before you see him.Now that is nasty!!!

Strudel

Congrats on 12 days! 

GreenThumb3

Good job keep going no matter what 

gayvenda

Hooray for 12 days Cheyenne! Sounds like you were tempted and just kept on going with your work and your "program".  You're doing great!

promise_judy

Keep adding those days and stay active while your doing it.

XOXO

JRC

Hope you had a restful evening. Great thing is it is now day 13!!! Keep adding.

jewelie4

If you make it past the first 3 days you have gone past the biggest hurdle. 12 is fantastic! Don't beat yourself up if you can't always do the excersize. It's an excellent idea and it will make you healthier but I hope you don't pressure yourself. I told myself to walk for an hour a day. I've walked a few times but not every single day like I promised myself.

You'll get there in time. If you don't jump into the perfect excersize routine immediately it's ok. You've already made the HUGE change of quitting cigarettes. The rest will come. Maybe start small. I told myself to take my walk an hour ago LOL I WILL walk before the day is over dang it!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 13TH DAY!!!! (Which it is now!)

summer-07-06-15

Don't push yourself to hard to exercise. It will come in time. Congratulations on 12 days. YOU CAN DO THIS. ONE DAY AT TIME.

funny photo: Funny 44funny-pictures284.jpg

joyeuxencore

12 days is wonderful friend...Hope you are feeling better! I am working all weekend as well...A co-worker came in my tiny office to tell me something after smoking...AHHHH!!! I had to jump up & get him out of there. What a nasty stench.

No more of that for us! Be gentle with you...xo

teddyjoy day 600 something