cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 12 - Happy Memorial Day Weekend All

zackie09_51214
0 1 5

I hope you all, especially those who have been following me through this journey, are having a great SMOKE-FREE Memorial Day Weekend. I find it amazing how when you have your mind set on something, have a great support network such as this, there is nothing that you can not do. Today is my 12th Day Of Freedom from the Nicodemon. Every day I'm feeling better and better and I keep setting more milestones to reach in this journey so I never foreget that this truly is the best thing I could do for not only my physical health but my overall wellbeing. I am very excited to be almost at my 2 week milestone. It's hard to believe that I'm almost there. It just feels amazing every day I don't smoke. It gives me the greatest sense of pride. I also notice more and more people being proud of me. But also it's getting easier to go on walks. And I remind myself multiple times daily the reasons for my forever quit. I've never done anything thats given me a greater since of pride in myself. I know as long as I keep on keeping on I'll NEVER pick up another cigarette. Not even one puff. I never want to take that chance again. I refuse to take that chance, and now that I'm feeling the positive effects quitting has had on my body it gives me even more of a  reason not to start again. I'm finally getting to the point to where I can breathe easier. I sit down every day and remind myself that it is 100% worth everything. I also know it won't be stealing money from us when we need it the most. To those that have been following me throughout this, you know of my living and financial situation. Well this is going to be the last week at the motel. My mom and I need to get our van in working order. Have to buy a battery, get the tags done, pass the Deq (Department of Environmental Equality) requirements which I'm not too worried about. We own a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE. It's a pretty good running vehicle. We are getting on housing lists...looking at low income places and I know living in the van will only be temporary..I don't know how temporary...but I know it won't be forever. Also not having the guilt causing addiction to cigarettes will help us not be in this perpetual cycle of spending the money we really can't. This time around in the van we will also be having more money...Last time we had 400.00/mo and then my mom lost that and we didn't have ANY. Now with the 650.00/mo granted not being much. and we have to put expenses out to get everything into optimal operating conditions but once we do that, we will still have our food stamps, and me not smoking...I smoked quite a bit when we lived in the van because it was pretty much my biggest coping mechanism, and it's not that bad of a time of year. I know that we are going to be able to do better with not having the expense of smoking because it did cost so much. I know if I can do this, I can do anything. And with perseverence, prayer, and time we will come out of this on top, we will have our own place. Stability will come to us, because with positivity ANYTHING is possible. Granted things in the van won't be great or ideal...but at least we'll have it and things will be much different this time around. Since last time I have done a lot of growing, learning and now I know what to do and what not to do! I believe better days are just around the corner...I know me and my mom will come out of this on top because everything happens for a reason. This is teaching us that no matter what adversity we face, with the right perspective and disposition on life we will make it through anything life throws at us. And on another note I want everyone to remember what this beautiful three day weekend is really about; the men and women, past, present, and future who protect us from ALL threats Foreign and Domestic, that have and continue to pay the ultimate sacrifice for us to live in freedom and have all the wonderful things we take of advantage of everyday. I would like each one of you to stop and take at least a moment to think about them AND their families and ultimate sacrifices they have made to ensure all of this for us! Thank them for everything they have done for us! And again, thank you all for being there for me through this difficult time in my life.

1 Comment