cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 11........just a moment at a time, and lots of lollipops / / not in danger today

cheyenne7
0 9 15

I'm sortof shocked that we are at day 11.....I mean I know we are committed to it, but still I have to say that I sometimes feel like, "Ok, so how long until this fiasco ends.....when am I going to just go and buy them, I usually do......No, take that back----I always do----just because I waited 2 yrs to buy a pack once, doesn't dismiss the fact that I did buy them.....

There are also moments when out of the blue I'll realize that I'm not smoking and feel really proud.....or I'll smell a smoker and feel super happy that I don't stink like that anymore.....I'll see someone drive by with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth, and think that looks nasty, nothing cool about it....

The feelings can be very strong on both sides of the seesaw....happy to be quit on the one side, and wanting to smoke on the other.....

This is just my journal blog for day 11.....I hope to have more days of freedom, and then I can look back & see what strange happenings were going thru my head on day 11.....

Thanks for letting me just blog it out : )

PS>>>>>I do not feel like I am in any real danger>>>>>just blogging my thoughts : ))  LOVE YOU ALL!!!

9 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Stay strong! 

Sometimes when I am in Wal-Mart getting ready to check out, I will find myself going toward the only check-out lane where you can buy cigarettes.  I just stop and laugh at myself.  Old habits die hard!

It sounds like you are really doing good!  Take it one day at a time!

Sick-of-it
Keep positive even if you are not really feeling it. Self talk will determine your outcome say I am happy I don't smoke anymore. I went on and on about the money because it made the biggest impact to me to say it isn't one puff it is 54,000 dollars. Big reason to say quit.
gayvenda

Way to go Cheyenne! You are doing really great, even posting blogs already!  Congrats on Day 11!  This is Day 16 for me!  Together we are unstoppable!  lol. Keep up the good work!  My son and grandchildren are coming to visit me this weekend.  I am so excited!  Also since I don't have to escape outside while they are visiting to go smoke a cigarette.  What a poor example I've been!  Just for today I can be a good one!  Later...

Wanda45

Great job Cheyenne.  And blog away, we love hearing from you. 

First several weeks I quit,  I talked to myself driving down the road, "no you are not going to stop at the Circle K, you are going to keep going, but you know you want one...."  things like that... the good side always won, and I was always glad that we are in a day and age when a lot of people look like they are talking to themselves going down the road on their phones...

promise_judy

Cheyenne ask yourself the following questions: Do you understand how nicotine traps you? Do you understand that nicotine provides no crutch or pleasure whatsoever? Realize that nicotine creates a void in a persons life, in which they are constantely trying to fill that void. Do you understand that no matter good times or bad, you do not need nicotine?

Stop questioning your quit--you have no need to smoke a cigarette. Enjoy your Freedom! Keep on adding those days.

XOXO

GreenThumb3

You don't want a smoke you don't want poison in your lungs you want freedom 🙂 

YoungAtHeart

I fear you may be allowing yourself to argue with yourself.  Only YOU can give yourself permission to smoke - so dom't even entertain those thoughts.  When an urge or thought comes, distract --- don't let it flit around your brain unabated.

The conversation in your head CANNOT be:  "I want a cigarette.  No!  But - I WANT a cigarette!""

Instead, it needs to be "I want a cigarette.  Well, since I have decided not to do that anymore, what shall I do instead for the three minutes this crave will last?" Then DO it!

You are doing GREAT - stay the course!

Nancy

gr8_start

You are doing awesome!! Stay the course!! Hugs!!

sparky26

Your almost at 2 weeks !  You can do it , one day at a time !  ❤️